Gaming Wii Active 2 : new USB hardware... IOS ?

NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Today is EA Active 2.0 released, it uses new USB hardware for their sensors...

Im probally gonna wait until you can buy the hardware seperately , like Active 1.0

But does any1 know if its gonna work on our soft/hard mod wii?

WIll this game require a new update/IOS?

Does any1 have the original Active 2.0 tp test it out with a copy?

Thnx in advance

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it does require a new ios, dop-mii is the easiest tool to install it (imo). It may just use one of the other standard usb enabled ioses though.

NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe IOS57 ?

but i want to know for sure , so if any has the hardware?? please test it
smile.gif

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I test this?

My Wii is Version 3.2 and I am running an old(?) version of WiiFlow with a USB HDD.

If I try to run the original game disc through the disc channel I get a black screen. The game seems to fun fine through WiiFlow but does not detect the hardware.

I haven't been on these forums or touched my Wii software in a long time...

NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
there is application too see what ios the .iso uses ; you have to install that IOS first...

gonna test this tomorrow...

But the problam is , we need some1 who has the new original hardware (USB Sensor) , to test if this copy is working with a hacked wii and the current IOS out

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NoFate said:
there is application too see what ios the .iso uses ; you have to install that IOS first...

gonna test this tomorrow...

But the problam is , we need some1 who has the new original hardware (USB Sensor) , to test if this copy is working with a hacked wii and the current IOS out

What is the program to test the IOS version and where do I get it? I have the hardware.

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SimpyDsi said:
@Destian install IOS57. you can get it off the homebrew browser, or as a WAD i think
wink.gif

I installed IOS57 and nothing has changed.

I should note that my USB HDD will only work in one of the ports and I remember (quite a while ago) that there was an issue running extra peripherals in tandem with a USB drive. It's possible that that is the problem. Is there a fix for this old problem?

NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Destian said:
SimpyDsi said:
@Destian install IOS57. you can get it off the homebrew browser, or as a WAD i think
wink.gif

I should note that my USB HDD will only work in one of the ports and I remember (quite a while ago) that there was an issue running extra peripherals in tandem with a USB drive. It's possible that that is the problem. Is there a fix for this old problem?

that could be the problem indeed

cant you play it from a DVD-R ?
smile.gif

Then ya dont need the USB disk
smile.gif

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NoFate said:
Destian said:
SimpyDsi said:
wink.gif

that could be the problem indeed

cant you play it from a DVD-R ?
smile.gif

Then ya dont need the USB disk
smile.gif

Can't use a dvd-r. I have the original disc, as I mentioned, but it just freezes with a black screen. Not sure why the ripped version works, but the original doesn't. Is there a way to fix the problem of peripherals + usbloader?

Also, what is the program that will tell me what IOS a game uses (in case it's not actually 57)?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Destian said:
Also, what is the program that will tell me what IOS a game uses (in case it's not actually 57)?
I like to use Trucha Signer, it's easy and fast.
You can check this tutorial.
0x39 = IOS57

You can also extract individual .wad files (from the first partition), and install the .wad with a wad manager instead of using ModMii or Dop-Mii.
There's also the GeckoOS solution, which will install the needed IOS automatically.

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NoFate said:
with isopatcher 1.1 you can also see the IOS that the game needs...

IosPatcher 1.1:

Error: Couldn't get ISO information!

I'm not sure how to use the Trucha Signer or how to open the tmd.bin in a hex editor. How do I get the tmd.bin out of the iso? 7zip won't open it.

Yeah, I'm lost.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need either Trucha or Wiiscrubber to read the content and extract .tmd from an iso.
Both need the key to decrypt the iso in order to read the disc content.

I think Wiiscrubber is easier if you don't have trucha yet, because Trucha needs the key to be written to regedit, while wiiscrubber uses key.bin file for decryption. the key.bin file is generated by a tool included in Wiiscrubber 1.4 package.

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's IOS56, but I don't know how to tell what version of 56... or if it matters. DOP-Mii is giving me errors when I try to DL it.

NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i have extrated the tmd file from the iso , loaded it wii scrubber package : WiiPartitionBinChanger.exe

but how do you see what IOS it uses?

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right. I installed IOS56 and the retail disc loads. I moved the USB receiver that comes with the game over to the other usb port. The game recognizes the receiver, but still does not recognize the arm/leg straps.

So, progress, but still not working.

I figured out the game IOS using Trucha Signer. Does this mean the peripherals are using a different IOS? Is there anyway to find out which?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all