Gaming Wii Active 2 : new USB hardware... IOS ?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm back on track now. I reinstalled IOS56 from the update partition. I can confirm that with Wakinono v20, the PAL and NTSC versions of the game will work with USB Loader GX. Thus if you're waiting for the pre-orders of the accessory hardware to come in, you can safely use them with a USB loader.

My initial problems with the hardware after installing v20 might have been because I didn't read the resync instructions carefully. You have to press and HOLD the button to resync the devices. I was just pressing them briefly. When they kept blinking I assumed it wasn't working. So reinstalling the IOS56 might not have been necessary. However it's something to consider if you're having issues with the hardware. Reading is important kids!
tongue.gif

If you're waiting to buy the hardware separately, I would like to point out though that the accessory hardware on the EA store is priced at a god forsaken $59.99!!!

http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/search/?key...s=1290140292859

However, if you buy the full game from Target this week, you get a $20 gift card. The high price of the separate heartrate monitor accessory, coupled with a $20 gift card from Target, made me decide to just get the full game now without waiting for the separate accessory later. Something to consider if you're waiting for the hardware separately.

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
I can confirm that with Wakinono v20, the PAL and NTSC versions of the game will work with USB Loader GX.

Really? USB Loader GX forces me to use only 1 port so it won't recognize both the HDD and the EA USB stick. I wonder what I could be missing.

Doyama, can you plug your HDD into either USB port and have it recognized by USB Loader GX? Could this possibly be a WBFS limitation? Are you using FAT32?

Thanks.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destian said:
doyama said:
I can confirm that with Wakinono v20, the PAL and NTSC versions of the game will work with USB Loader GX.

Really? USB Loader GX forces me to use only 1 port so it won't recognize both the HDD and the EA USB stick. I wonder what I could be missing.

Doyama, can you plug your HDD into either USB port and have it recognized by USB Loader GX?

I thought that with the later versions of Wakinono's IOS, you had to use the port closest to the edge of the Wii (if you look at the back of the wii it's the right most one) Plugging the USB into the other port causes usbloader gx to fail.

But it sounds like you have the same problem that I did, where with an older Wakinono IOS, it won't recognize the USB sitck. That's why I had to upgrade to v20, which then seemingly recognized the stick, but wouldn't sync. That's when I reloaded IOS56 from the original disc. But as I said, that particular problem might have been just because I didn't read the instructions properly to press AND hold the buttons to sync. Thus I would say try upgrading to v20 of Wakinono and that might give you the USB loader capabilities.

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doyama, I have a version of IOS56 that is newer than the one on the disc and already have Wan rev20 installed. Is it possible that you're actually running UsbLoaderGX off of hermes? If you go into Settings > Game Load, what does it say next to Boot/Standard?

Thanks a lot for your help, man.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm not using Hermes. I also created a forwarder channel using Loadstructor that used cIOS249 so it's definitely using 249. I double checked in USB Loader GX and it's using 249. Try loading the IOS56 I sent you and see if that helps? Though my problem was with syncing, it always found the USB receiver.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249

This is the guide I used to install ISO249. Though in step 5 I chose IOS249 since I hadn't upgraded in a long time. Then I used the network install to do the rest. Not sure if installing v20 differently is causing the discreptancy.

Though try reinstalling IOS56 as a first step
smile.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome news! Now if I can just stop stuffing my face with Halloween candy long enough to do some exercises I'll be in business
tongue.gif

scottspur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, had a little trouble following this thread.. did you get it to work using USB Loader? I got it working fine running the retail disc from Gecko, but the USB stick doesn't work with USB Loader. Anyone had success with that, or any other loader? I'd love to run it off of my drive if possible. THANKS!

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There has been success loading it from the USB drive. You don't have to update to 4.x firmware, but you do need to have the latest Wakinono's IOS249 installed or it won't recognize the USB stick for the heart sensor.

If you're running an older Wakinono, upgrade to v20 and it should work. Make sure you install v20 using IOS56 using these instructions

Then make sure you press and hold the buttons to re-sync the heart sensor.

I'm running it off my USB using 3.4U firmware, with Wakinono v20, and USB Loader GX with no issues. Both PAL/NTSC versions work fine. I'm using PAL since my old profiles are in PAL. The NTSC versions of the previous EA Active games crashed randomly but the PAL versions never did.

All the flab I have is a bug, I'm sure will be worked on in future revisions.

WizardJoker7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I am having the same problem. I just bought EA Sports Active 2 and can't run it through normal disc channel because it says "in order to use this software, you must perform a wii system update. Select ok to begin the update." Since I have my wii softmodded I can't update. I am running wii system 3.4u, just put in ciox rev 20 and cios37 rev 3. The game works fine. Just can't get the damn usb device to be recognized in the game. Have tried it on both usb ports with: neo gamma r7, wii backup launcher, uloader by hermes and even usb loader gx... Still can't get ea sports active 2 usb stick to work. The usb works fine with all of those programs for the usb hdd and mic for guitar hero. Why not this usb for active 2? I have read this topic like 10 times. PLEASE HELP

WizardJoker7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to try and load ea sports active 2 on a wbfs formatted hdd. Should have the .iso file by tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works or not but I don't think that should make a difference whether I load it through disc or on hdd for the usb adapter to work.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a soft-modded box, you can still run it off the disc. Use GeckOS to load the game, it will pre-load IOS56 which is required for the game to run. You'll need to run the game via GeckOS each time so it can bypass the firmware update requirement.

The game also does work via USB loaders. For myself, as stated above you need to be running the latest Wakinono v20. I was running an older v12/13 and the USB stick did not detect properly. Upgrading to v20 worked. Use the instructions here to load v20

If you don't use IOS56 as the base for the v20 install it will fail on the USB device detection (as Destian found the installer can default to the wrong one). Try reinstalling Wakinonon v20 using the instructions there.

I've been using the game for several weeks now. I can absolutely confirm that it works via a soft modded Wii, on 3.4U firmware, using a WBFS drive, running USB Loader GX. Heck I made a channel of it too, which loads the game fine, and the peripherals work perfectly in all scenarios. I bought the NTSC game, but am using the peripherals on the PAL version. So the peripherals are not region dependent.

The only thing that might be messing with you is IOS56. If you read through this thread you'll see that I ran into the same problems. You can thus try
1) If the USB stick is working, but won't sync the heart rate monitor, make sure you PRESS AND HOLD the buttons during syncing
2) Rip IOS56 off the disc, and load it manually. Though you can accomplish this by just loading the game via GeckOS if it's not installed. Though you might want to try it, since it's what I did to get it to work.

good luck

WizardJoker7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT WORKED! Gecko os is what i was missing and it installed ios56 right when I tried to load active 2. USB stick only works through gecko. I tried usb loader gx but usb didnt work. I will try to mount the image when I get it and try then. But who cares! I got it working and didnt waste $100! I knew there had to be some way around this. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
nayps3.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WizardJoker7 said:
IT WORKED! Gecko os is what i was missing and it installed ios56 right when I tried to load active 2. USB stick only works through gecko. I tried usb loader gx but usb didnt work. I will try to mount the image when I get it and try then. But who cares! I got it working and didnt waste $100! I knew there had to be some way around this. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
nayps3.gif

That's good you got it working through the disc loader.

I suspect the reason it's not working on the usb loader gx is probably the way you have cios249 installed. I think because the game relies on IOS56 to load the usb peripherals, unless you build cios249 with this as the base it won't work. Anyways, one step at a time. Let me know if you need any more assistance.

TheUMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, just want to say thanks for everyone helping on this. Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble. I've been lurking, but figured I'd post on this.

I followed the ios249 update guide, but didn't have any luck. So far I've tried the original disc on disc chanel, USB Loader GX, neogamma, and some others; but the heart monitor never detects. I've also installed the game on my USB drive and had the same issues. Could I be having trouble because I used ios249 to install the ios249 update instead of ios236? The guide says this is possible, but that it is better for older versions of ios249, my ios249 may be fairly new. Should I maybe download Gecko? Any help is appreciated.

Oh my issues are with NFL Training Camp. I assumed that it wouldn't be any different than Active 2, but maybe I'm wrong.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you having a problem where the USB device is not detected, or where the USB stick is OK but the heart rate and leg monitors are not?

If the USB stick is fine, try going into the settings and doing a peripheral sync. Then PRESS AND HOLD the button to re-sync the heart rate monitor. If you don't hold the sync fails.

It's hard to say what the issue could be. The game does depend on IOS56 in order to use the peripheral, since GeckOS installs this when you insert the retail disc. You can try putting in the retail disc, load via GeckOS to bypass the system update, and see if it loads IOS56. If it does, then you'll probably be ok from there to test out in any USB loaders.

The other option is to scrub the retail disk for IOS56 wad and manually install that.

TheUMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is with the heart rate and leg monitors. I think the issue is that IOS57 is still loading up when I go into loaders. I just noticed in WiiFlow that it said I had IOS 249 rev 20 and then something 57 instead of 56. I followed the guide to install though. Thanks for the help, hopefully I can get this sorted out.

TheUMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if it matters when I load IOS56 it says v5662 instead of v5661 that it seems I actually need. It keeps trying to default to IOS58 in some of the programs too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...