xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why...are you typing so...pessimistically...like the end of your life is approaching...

what is currently your problem? in proper english please.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you try installing the system menu wad using a different ios other then 249?

Edit : Also try using a different sd card it might make a difference.

On a side note i decided to install a bugged ios70 on my system after seeing this topic and right after i did it i realized i had preloader already installed.

Sure enough i got the system menu corrupt message.

Reinstalled system menu with no issues though and now im using star patch instead of preloader.

Never really had good luck with preloader for some reason.

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
re-installed preloader .29... no good.. still had HBC working.. so installed preloader .30... works better.. but just black or white screen on system menu boot.. .. no corrupted message though.. lol still wont get system menu.
but HBC loads form pre loader now. lol

ya i tried using 249.. 222.. which are the only ones im aware of that allows unsigned ios to be installed.

still needs to get system menu back up.. lol

Posts merged

everything in the homebrew channel works.. im righ tnow playing rock band beatles on ios 222.. with usb wireless guitar working perfectly... but no system menu still.
frown.gif
sucks ass. lolol

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ios 36.. ios 70.. ios 60.. ios this ios that... all has trucha bug in it.. re laoded cios.. and all TBR..
preloader .29 and preloader .30 .. does the same thing.. except.. with .30 its just black screen when tryign to access system menu... with .29 its error files are corrupt.... yes i can play any backup game i wants using WiiFlow 299 and 249.. .. works perfectly.. but cant get to system menu. hahaha. damn shit. well im crashing.. bed .. figure it out tomorrow i says!

got system menu from NUSD. packed as wad.. wont instlal.. damn error.. wish it would.. everythign works perfectly.. jsut system menu is gone.. and cant get it back on.. i can run everythign from HBC perfectly. just .. no channels ...
frown.gif
boooooooo..

gone to sleep. lol

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so its another day... tried to install the systemmenu using wad manager.. error 1022.. no matter what i try to do.... reinstalled ios70 .. and applied patch... still error 1022 on install system menu..
my preloader .30 allows boot.. and access to HBC.. where everythign works perfectly.. play all the usb back up games i want.. but still no system menu/channels.. anyone with any more details.. please let me know..
smile.gif
thank you.

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
TheRanker said:
its set to ios 70 as it should be.. .was told not to chagne it.. as tahts teh system menu on the 4.2u system. .. so would rather leave it at that and keep trying things.. i found HBC.dol... so im going to try and run it there now.. see what happens.. more code dumps?? never know.

change it to 249 dammit

kubas88

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had the same!
So i did it so:
I Have burned Universal Unbrick Disc the newest version .Then while the wii had been booting i have pressed Y or X on the GC Pad and it has booted it and opened wad manager. Using the manager i've installed the sys menu again.

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sabin... you dont install ios 249.. in ios 70 slot.. not takin no advice from you as that woudl definally screw up my system.. so forget ios 249.. i use ios 249 to install other unsigned ios's... or 222... eithe rone will work .

the issue isnt getting wad manager to work.. that works perfect now.. the issue is getting the damn system menu back up and running... ios70 works perfect.. alogn with every other ios there is on the sysem..

ive tried another sd card.. formatted.. fat and fat 32.. got nus to download sysemmenu 4.2u again.. still same.. 1022 error... few more things to try maybe? .. i dunno.. im happy i can use the wii and play the games.. but unable to load sysem menu. haha.
any advice just keep coimming iwth it.. ill try anythign .. as long as its not comming from Sabin... his advice will brick the wii 100%.

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if I'm of no help, but if your network settings are somehow intact, can you run Waninkoko's Firmware updater 4.2?

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes network settings work perfectly no issue... firmware upgrader wont upgrade.. cause im on 4.2.. but i will give it a shot.. ill get back to ya.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's an idea.

Install an older system menu like 4.1 but make sure you have the ios that is used by the system installed first.

This is risky because installing the new system menu will get rid of preloader completely.

Also you say wad manager runs fine.If it was running fine then you wouldn't be getting an error when installing the system menu wad.

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
firmware updater just bails out after it gets the network and ip address and tells me to restart.. tahts it.. nothign more
frown.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did some googling and found this

"You will also get the 1022 error if you are trying to install a wad that has allready been installed"

So why not uninstall the system menu and then reinstall it right after wards that should put a fresh system menu on your wii.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
icpmattj said:

"You will also get the 1022 error if you are trying to install a wad that has allready been installed"

So why not uninstall the system menu and then reinstall it right after wards that should put a fresh system menu on your wii.
that'll give you a black screen brick cause it will delete the settings.txt off the Wii

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everything ive seen on google points to the following

Most likely incorrect format or corrupt SD card. Memory might be full.

Channel data already detected(wad already installed)

Posts merged

longtom1 said:
icpmattj said:

that'll give you a black screen brick cause it will delete the settings.txt off the Wii

What if he reinstalls it right after uninstalling it without every exiting wad manager?

TheRanker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tried ios 222,, 249.. and 36... all unable to install system menu v481.. error 1022..
not able to uninstall system menu as it will brick the system completely.. .. it shoudl overwrite the system menu.. but unfortantly .. its not working . tried another sd card.. same.. no channels on my wii except the basic and wiiflow.. rmeoved 100 mb of wad channels already... lots of space. .. space is not an issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative