Hacking Wii 4.2 issues

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it seemed like it worked at the time... I reinstalled 249 after I removed it using 250, but I still got the -1035, so I tried TBR with IOS250. It worked! I got trucha back and now I'm in DOP-IOS removing the remainder of the cioscorp files..

Baltes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am very new to the Wii, i just purchased it last night
it was system menu 3.3 out of the box
i used the bannerbomb to install the HBC and bootmii
my silly little brother updated the Wii to system menu 4.2
i don't know if that is what is causing these problems but here we go
i am following this guide from gbatemp step by step: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

since i had already installed HBC and bootmii and backed up my NAND i continued at the next step, Patching IOS36
following this to the letter, when i try to downgrade to the IOS15 i get the -1035 you need to use an updated downgrader...or whatever error
before i start running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and try a million things that 99% of won't work or may brick my Wii, what would you guys reccomend I do
should i redo the HBC and bootmii and all that, did the 4.2 update replace something?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Baltes said:
I am very new to the Wii, i just purchased it last night
it was system menu 3.3 out of the box
i used the bannerbomb to install the HBC and bootmii
my silly little brother updated the Wii to system menu 4.2
i don't know if that is what is causing these problems but here we go
i am following this guide from gbatemp step by step: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

since i had already installed HBC and bootmii and backed up my NAND i continued at the next step, Patching IOS36
following this to the letter, when i try to downgrade to the IOS15 i get the -1035 you need to use an updated downgrader...or whatever error
before i start running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and try a million things that 99% of won't work or may brick my Wii, what would you guys reccomend I do
should i redo the HBC and bootmii and all that, did the 4.2 update replace something?

You need to use Trucha Bug Restorer 1.1

And you'll want to follow xzxero's guide that I have linked in my signature because you more than likely have stub IOS that need to be deleted.

Baltes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thankyou so much i tried this and i started from the absolute beginning again, i figure the update to 4.2 screwed something that had been done already
everything is installed and such, now i just have to figure out how to get things to see my Western Digital MyBook 1TB. I understand if the partition is the full terrabyte some or most things won't see it on the wii?
also should the drive be formatted to FAT16 or FAT32, not NTFS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can