Wii #2860 - The Last Story (Europe)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there's an ugly green line across the bottom of the screen for me it's in both wiiflow and GX!

Nope, none here!
Also chapter two is'nt the real game yet, lol.
Once you'll get to the castle, you'll start to see the lush lighting effects and the overall quality of the level design.
Also the scene were you gaze at the stars is epic in terms of atmospehere.
Agreed most textures are low res. Luckely they added a great filter that blurs geometry up close.
After a while it really looks like a mid level pc game.
It looks 10 times better than Skyward sword.

The music is AWESOME. So are the charaters
Very strong characters, very different to each other. You'll love all of them I'm sure.
The battle system is special also.
It develops in game , adding little bits and pieces during the first 20 chapters or so.
NOT complicated, BUT strategic.
Listen close to your party members.
Optional grinding, but A LOT less grinding than Xenoblade ( JOY )

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it's the ONLY game the green line appears and i have all ios updated etc. fuck it than i'll just ignore it like i've been doing.

the battle system so far to me is just button mashing now and than i'll use slash but it's just easier to gang up on a monster and button mash it :P

and why didn't they use the mote for seek and crossbow?

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the North American release will have different voice actors, or will it be like Xenoblade where they keep them the same? The British voice actors seem really...unfitting.

B4N5H33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there a need to get the repack if you already have the first release? does the first release freeze at some point or doesn't work at all or is the repack just for cosmetic reasons?

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
More like British English for me, according what i heard and some dialogues and menu (they use Colour instead of Color).

Although the controls are little weird, you use the directional controls (depending on the direction of the enemy) to attack it using your sword.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Classic controller PRO recommended.
The accent varies later in the game, some actors sound more "american".
Please anyone who likes this game, pick it up!

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I played now 14 hours, far from being as good as Xenoblade from the Battle system and the Story, but still, very nice Graphics, good voice acting, good music.
I dont regret that i bought the Special edition.

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wonder, is this playable without the Wiimote + Nunchuck?
I'm planning to play it on Dolphin, via a 360 controller. Is it doable?
it works perfect with my classic controller pro with my wii, so I would guess it should be fine on 360 controller

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any word on a DVD-5 version yet?

There's an undub DVD-5 version but I'm kinda curious that it's only 4.15 GB.
I think the undubber removed the extra languages just leaving English text and Japanese voices.

Really?! Leave it to the Otaku purists to make an undub but forget about making a all English version :(

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it's the ONLY game the green line appears and i have all ios updated etc.

I've just tried it on my Wii after testing it in Dolphin first and I also get the green line. I've still got an analogue TV set and my console is set to 50Hz 576i. Trying it via USB Loader GX with my default settings produced a screen telling me that the game was produced to ONLY run at 60Hz and that I needed to set my console to either 480i or 480p in order to continue. Then it kicked me back to the main Wii menu (well, USB Loader GX actually but that's what it wanted to do).

I've seen games before that have said that they'll run better at 60Hz but they still gave me the option of 50Hz if I wanted it. It doesn't really surprise me that some games are 60Hz only nowadays but I think they're naughty to put PAL on the game's box if it isn't actually PAL. I can play it by forcing it to PAL 60 in USB Loader GX's settings but then I get a big black bar underneath and the green line. I guess it's just another reason to keep saving my pennies until I can afford to get a new telly :)

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sorry for asking, but there is a DVD 5 rip anywhere??? I really wanted to import this game but my wii doesnt read Double Layer discs anymore :C

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: