Wii #2275 - Rock Band 3 (Europe)

netspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my configuration :
In slot 249 : cIOSX Rev20b (IOS 56 base)
In slot 250 : cIOSX Rev19 (IOS 57 base)
+ CFG USB Loader v60

I'm using 249 when I want to sing, 250 when I want to play the guitar, and original disc when I want to do both.

PrimeTime 84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I have read that RB3 have a limit of 1000 DLC songs. Someone more can confirm this?
gba.gif

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To confirm the above 3 posts, yes RB3 does accept SDHC cards, however, there's no point in getting a 32GB because of the 1000 dlc cap limit, so stick with a 16GB.

Gelton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to add my experience:

RB3 was giving me that random lag where i would miss a note every so often(I play guitar and drums on expert, im sure of the randomness). Originally I was on 249 rev14 when this happened. I thought that might be the problem, so I installed rev20 on 56. Fixed my DLC from USB, but didn't fix the lag obviously (you can pause the game at the beginning of every song to fix this, but thats just annoying).

Will using 223 fix this problem?

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, 223 will fix the problem, but then you can't use SDHC.

So, you say if you pause the song when you play and unpause, it won't lag?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ctkxtreme said:
To confirm the above 3 posts, yes RB3 does accept SDHC cards, however, there's no point in getting a 32GB because of the 1000 dlc cap limit, so stick with a 16GB.

but there is a point to getting 32gb because you can also use it for rb:beatles and gh6 also and other games that may have dlc. plus 1000 songs takes up more than 16gb

Gelton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justmike said:
Yes, 223 will fix the problem, but then you can't use SDHC.

So, you say if you pause the song when you play and unpause, it won't lag?

Yeah, if you pause the game briefly after a song starts, it will fix the weird notes missed every so often. I've made a habit out of doing it every time.

Thanks

barnito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine to work off USB with wiiflow by using the CIOSx rev20b installer to install a CIOS with a base of 56 to slot 236, and telling wiiflow to launch RB with 236..... should work in any other loaders the same....

RB3 usues IOS56, therefore must be launched with a CIOS that is based off IOS56....

Runey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sly Terry said:
Here's my issue:

I can either play with USBLoaderGX set to Hermes CIos 223 and the game will play fine with a standard SD card with DLC..

If I switch USBLoaderGX to Ios 249, this makes the game SDHC compatible, but doesn't detect my instruments...

I want it to detect my instruments AND play with my 8 GB SDHC card..

UPDATE:

If you want to use USB Loader GX and have use of SDHC cards AND have instruments show up you need:

IOS 223 38 merged with 60

This enables both...

If you have IOS 249 base 57, and you don't have IOS 223 base 38 merged with 60, you need to downgrade IOS 249 to Rev 17, then use HERMES V 4.0 and choose custom IOS 223 base 38 with 60.

Then you can upgrade your 249 IOS back to rev 20 base 57..

Hope this helps!!

Can anyone help me?
I have found the following works /difficulties

ios 249v20 - SD card 2gb and pro guitar work. SDHC 16gb card does not work, rockband 3 gives error about the device loaded into SD won't work (some shit)

ios 222-mload , same issue as 249

ios 223-mload , SDHC 16gb card loads without error, but pro guitar not recognized.

ios 224-mload , same issue as 223

anyone have any suggestions to get my sdhc card working AND my pro guitar controller?

------ edit ------

i had ios 249v20 with base 36
when i reinstalled it with base 56 now SDHC and pro guitar work
biggrin.gif

linkds

Trophies
XP
Country
OK i installed ios 249 v20 base 56 and SDHC works but all the songs in game have much lag and i cant play so today i will try emu nand on sdhc for rock band 3 and try to download dlc and alter i post my try here =)

D

Deleted-188346

My pro Madcatz guitar isn't responsive (only the + and - buttons work), but it's connecting. What am I doing wrong?
I have:

- cIOS 202 v5, with ios57.
- cIOS 222 v4, with ios38.
- cIOS 223 v4, with ios37/38.
- cIOS 224 v5.1, with ios57.
- cIOS 236, with ios36.
- cIOS 249 v21, with ios 56.

Is there anything I should change?
I've ran the game with all of them, only 223 and 249 will give me the limited responsiveness that I mentioned above.

Germini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to have RB3 working using uLoader + emulated nand with no problems at all, haven't tried mic though. I am so happy right now
smile.gif
, if anyone needs more details tell me.

mojobaby27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Runey,

Is correct just tried what he recommended and it works.

"If you want to use USB Loader GX and have use of SDHC cards AND have instruments show up you need:

IOS 223 38 merged with 60 This enables both..."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think