Wii #2181 - Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (PAL)

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finally! So much better than the USA version.

Because on this cover Ultimate Spiderman (in the back) has no eyes in his hood!!1

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
cosmiccow said:
Finally! So much better than the USA version.

Because on this cover Ultimate Spiderman (in the back) has no eyes in his hood!!1
I think this is the boxart from when the Ultimate Spiderman wasn't revealed yet
rofl.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PrinceNOOB said:
Great game but I like other M than this.

Already finished other M, looks like there is nothing to do now between this and Arkham City. Good thing is that the noir Spidey makes a perfect fit for stealth action a la batman AA................
I'm glad I got it.
On the other end , I like to quote myself from the other post about the bad IGN review ...............

I'm so upset when they post bullshit reviews.
Do you know why they gave it a lower score compared to the PS3 and 360 ? The graphics ? No, the cell shaded looks great on Wii.
The controls ? No, they are a great improvement over WOS.
You know why ? Because of the camera ! Apparently , whoever tested the game, didn't bother to complete even the tutorial, and until you do, the c button is not active ( it will be explained to you later on on the tutorial ).
So they gave it a lower score because apparently you can't center the camera using the c button, when we all know is not the case.
I wanted to register just so I could post a message and criticize whoever asshole reviewed the game without even playing trough the tutorial.
It's the same when that other asshole reviewed Prince of persia and turned the expert camera on and then went on to write a horrible review where he was constantly mentioning how bad the camera was, and after a couple of days they rectified the review after realizing it was totally unfair.
I hope the revise it this time too because this is spectacularly inaccurate and unprofessional from them.
I'm starting to hate IGN too next to Gamespot.

Sorry to repeat myself, but I really think it's an injustice to score a game this low because of one owns lack of commitment.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
PrinceNOOB said:
Great game but I like other M than this.

Already finished other M, looks like there is nothing to do now between this and Arkham City. Good thing is that the noir Spidey makes a perfect fit for stealth action a la batman AA................
I'm glad I got it.
On the other end , I like to quote myself from the other post about the bad IGN review ...............

I'm so upset when they post bullshit reviews.
Do you know why they gave it a lower score compared to the PS3 and 360 ? The graphics ? No, the cell shaded looks great on Wii.
The controls ? No, they are a great improvement over WOS.
You know why ? Because of the camera ! Apparently , whoever tested the game, didn't bother to complete even the tutorial, and until you do, the c button is not active ( it will be explained to you later on on the tutorial ).
So they gave it a lower score because apparently you can't center the camera using the c button, when we all know is not the case.
I wanted to register just so I could post a message and criticize whoever asshole reviewed the game without even playing trough the tutorial.
It's the same when that other asshole reviewed Prince of persia and turned the expert camera on and then went on to write a horrible review where he was constantly mentioning how bad the camera was, and after a couple of days they rectified the review after realizing it was totally unfair.
I hope the revise it this time too because this is spectacularly inaccurate and unprofessional from them.
I'm starting to hate IGN too next to Gamespot.

Sorry to repeat myself, but I really think it's an injustice to score a game this low because of one owns lack of commitment.

Thanks for the heads up man ^ ^. I read the review and suggested it to my close friend, but he didn't want to get it because wonky controls is a peeve of his. It's great to know that the controls, do in fact, work well. Thanks a lot!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game should have the same score as the others, the camera issue was bullshit. Even if you couldn't centre the d-pad was good enough for me to move it about.

Again shows how well IGN are at reviewing games, their Batman review is a joke too.

Arm73 said:
Do it.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gaydrian said:
The game should have the same score as the others, the camera issue was bullshit. Even if you couldn't centre the d-pad was good enough for me to move it about.

Again shows how well IGN are at reviewing games, their Batman review is a joke too.

Arm73 said:
Do it.

Guys is it only me then, or can we actually center with the C button ?
My version of the game (playme-spider-man-shattered-wii.rar ) let me center the camera with the C button, albeit only after the tutorial (and when there are no enemies around, otherwise it will lock - on ).
That's why I was so enraged when I read that you can't ( accordingly to the reviewer ) which is clearly not the case.
So yes, it should have been scored same as PS3 and 360 IMO.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
Guys is it only me then, or can we actually center with the C button ?
My version of the game (playme-spider-man-shattered-wii.rar ) let me center the camera with the C button, albeit only after the tutorial (and when there are no enemies around, otherwise it will lock - on ).
That's why I was so enraged when I read that you can't ( accordingly to the reviewer ) which is clearly not the case.
So yes, it should have been scored same as PS3 and 360 IMO.

Well once you unlock the Defensive Stance it basically works as that too, although not specifically specified to do that. But whatever, it works.

The camera issue is annoying, especially when doing fast-paced web slinging in the air, but it isn't terrible. You get to like the Noir levels and it's fine.

There's some issues with control accuracy and combat takes a little getting used to (it's kinda like No More Heroes in using High and Low attacks), but overall I do really like it. I got past the first Amazing Spiderman and Noir Spiderman levels so far, can't wait to get to 2099 and Ultimate Spiderman levels. Noir ones are really great though, stealthy Spiderman is so cool.

The IGN review is bullshit, they give greatly positive comments in the score rundown but disproportionate scores. IGN is full of shit from top to bottom. And that Batman review was just a joke, it deserves a 7.5 at least (that's at super high, nitpicking every single flaw level).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
And that Batman review was just a joke, it deserves a 7.5 at least (that's at super high, nitpicking every single flaw level).
They talk about it being better if it was downloadable, but if it was it would have been split into four parts with each costing at least 1000 for each one and then you'd have to pay more for the points than for the disc (if you were dumb enough to only find it for $40) and you wouldn't get anything physical for your troubles. Also they seem to forget that the WiiWare size limit is 50MB, that game is over 2GB scrubbed so they'd cut out the voicework and cutscenes.

IGN should rate games properly, they're way too inconsistant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Honestly a great Eminem song.