(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rikuumi said:
Over hyped crap

Insightful comment.

It's a pretty good game but it's very specific from person to person. It's basically just collecting. Killing monsters for stuff, rummaging through plants for stuff, mining ore for stuff, fishing for stuff, etc. It's like OCD collecting. It's strangely addicting if you're into it, though.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Guild McCommunist said:
rikuumi said:
Over hyped crap

Insightful comment.

It's a pretty good game but it's very specific from person to person. It's basically just collecting. Killing monsters for stuff, rummaging through plants for stuff, mining ore for stuff, fishing for stuff, etc. It's like OCD collecting. It's strangely addicting if you're into it, though.

I comfirm. I hate MMORPGs and Hack'n'Slash games because they're meaningless... Even if MH3 is definitively a Hack'n'Slash game, it's not like the others (maybe because there is no leveling, so it's only your skills and your equipement who matters). I skipped school on monday to play MH3
tongue.gif

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ritsuki said:
I comfirm. I hate MMORPGs and Hack'n'Slash games because they're meaningless... Even if MH3 is definitively a Hack'n'Slash game, it's not like the others (maybe because there is no leveling, so it's only your skills and your equipement who matters). I skipped school on monday to play MH3
tongue.gif
Ah, so if you're grinding for equipment and skills instead of levels it matters?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
referencer said:
Ritsuki said:
tongue.gif
Ah, so if you're grinding for equipment and skills instead of levels it matters?

That's not really what I mean. Unlike other classical Hack'n'Slash games, you you cannot just kill every monsters by pressing A repeatedly. You must observe them, choose the right equipment, make your own items, ... And since there is no skills or experience in MH3, it's not only killing monsters -> level up -> killing tougher monsters -> level up -> ...

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
Ritsuki said:
That's not really what I mean. Unlike other classical Hack'n'Slash games, you you cannot just kill every monsters by pressing A repeatedly. You must observe them, choose the right equipment, make your own items, ... And since there is no skills or experience in MH3, it's not only killing monsters -> level up -> killing tougher monsters -> level up -> ...

surely MH just replaces experience grinding with weapon/armor grinding - ultimately these kind of games like pokemon/rpgs etc have to have somekind of grind, it's what keeps you playing ;-)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
vergilite said:
omg jala ur gonna have to give me ur friend code :3 oh and out of interest who else is also buying teh gamez

OMFG i may have just came..a little, its running at 300kb/s should be finished in 6 hours
biggrin.gif
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lol you are still waiting? i downloaded ages ago, i just completed the 1st quest and then saved, will be playing tomorrow as it's very late, should be in bed, i haven't got online yet because i just started the game today, will add you when i figure how to add you first lol cya tomorrow.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
vergilite said:
omg jala ur gonna have to give me ur friend code :3 oh and out of interest who else is also buying teh gamez

OMFG i may have just came..a little, its running at 300kb/s should be finished in 6 hours
biggrin.gif
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lol you are still waiting? i downloaded ages ago, i just completed the 1st quest and then saved, will be playing tomorrow as it's very late, should be in bed, i haven't got online yet because i just started the game today, will add you when i figure how to add you first lol cya tomorrow.

yeah i only just started tonight should be finished by tomorrow morning :3 i expect to blaze through this game TBH iv playe every monster hunter and loved everyone
wub.gif
just need to decide on a weapon maybe stick to my usual hammers or branch out into switch axe
tongue.gif
oh god i cant wait
biggrin.gif

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do we get this work on pal machines with USB GX loader?

That the loader i'm using, for the intro and stuff works menus etc, until you try 2 start the game. then you hear a buzzing sound and are given a black screen.

Now i know ppl have this on the USA version...

Could it be that you just need a save file with a character already created to skip the buzzing screen?

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just wondering if this PAL version is coded to use different servers than the Australian PAL version.

I assume the games will be compatible at least because they are both PAL.

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
misteromar said:
I just wondering if this PAL version is coded to use different servers than the Australian PAL version.

I assume the games will be compatible at least because they are both PAL.

Yes they should do....

Zobman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm on 3.2 and i play with a modchip. Does this game have an update ? Do I need to install IOS or other weird things ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1