Wii #1903 - The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces (USA)

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the Japanese version, and it was pretty good, although I found it difficult to navigate the menus to initiate gameplay. I'm glad I can finally play this game without confusion, since it did have pretty good flight controls.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So, the first big Wii game of 2010 is here as well
smile.gif
I don't think it actually uses MotionPlus, but according to IGN it controls pretty good anyway.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crook said:
Does it use Motion Plus?
Nope.

Its pretty good, not exactly a AAA title but its good in a 7/10 way, cutscenes are far too long for my liking. Anyone expecting it to be as good as the Ace Combat series (which is by the same team) will be greatly disapointed but yeah its decent enough to waste some time on. Fans of the film will probably like it more.

Sometimes it looks great, sometimes it looks rushed but nothing below PSP standards.

Playing with a Gamecube controller is a lot better than motion control for me, its a shame that its like that.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hadrian said:
crook said:
Does it use Motion Plus?
Nope.

Its pretty good, not exactly a AAA title but its good in a 7/10 way, cutscenes are far too long for my liking. Anyone expecting it to be as good as the Ace Combat series (which is by the same team) will be greatly disapointed but yeah its decent enough to waste some time on. Fans of the film will probably like it more.

Sometimes it looks great, sometimes it looks rushed but nothing below PSP standards.

Playing with a Gamecube controller is a lot better than motion control for me, its a shame that its like that.

that's probably just cause you're used to play your old flying games with that same controller ...

it's like playing mariokart with a wii wheel when you played the previous console versions with that oldscool controller
laugh.gif

seems like a nice game though, downloading it as we speak
yay.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elmariachi said:
that's probably just cause you're used to play your old flying games with that same controller ...

it's like playing mariokart with a wii wheel when you played the previous console versions with that oldscool controller
laugh.gif

yay.gif
Not really because there are games like FPS and Pro Evo 2009 that I can now only play on a console with a Wiimote. I'm not stupid, I can adapt quite well, I just find that controllers are better for THIS particular game.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
looks pretty good, hope it plays well though :/

so used to the ace combat control.

also, no missiles? I hope firing the gun to take people down isn't as annoying as it is in ace combat.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Gameplay controls aren't too bad. I thought it was weird holding the controllers 'backwards', but then it really made sense once flying. But they are dumbed down slightly, as you don't have full control of roll... anything outside basic flying is done by simple special maneuvers. The graphics aren't too bad, except for me using component cables at 480p, I'm getting black boarders all the way around (still widescreen, but not using full space of screen). Oh and the note regarding lots of 'long' cut scenes, it's true... but they are of a fairly good quality. Just based on playing tutorial and first 2 missions... I agree with IGN's 8.0. This is the best flying game on Wii as of now.

Note: things get unlocked as you play along. I'm certain we will see missiles not to far in to the story mode.

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hadrian said:
elmariachi said:

laugh.gif

yay.gif
Not really because there are games like FPS and Pro Evo 2009 that I can now only play on a console with a Wiimote. I'm not stupid, I can adapt quite well, I just find that controllers are better for THIS particular game.

I even think the wiimote works better on some fps games than a regular controller, however games like PES are not games you should play on a wii imo regardless what controller the game comes with.

Pattonfiend67

You're F'ng Out!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mission 5 on hard in story is almost impossible with that heavy plane they give you. you have to protect everyone on your team in that thing and it sucks. no maneuverability... took me damn near 20 times to beat it on hard...​

crook

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hadrian said:
crook said:
Does it use Motion Plus?
Nope.

I can't understand why they don't support Motion Plus because I always wished they to a flight sim with this since the sports resort fly game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I began downloading this this morning through Rapidshare links, and when I got back about 8 hours later, it was only 1/4th of the way done. Thanks, Rapidshare! Of course now I've found Megaupload links, so no worries
smile.gif

Anyway, rather big hopes for this one. Pretty much the only Wii flight game with effort into it (not counting the WSR flying game, which wasn't even great).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can