Wii #1794 - Puyo Puyo 7 (Japan)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Nov 25, 2009.

Nov 25, 2009

Wii #1794 - Puyo Puyo 7 (Japan) by Chanser at 5:17 AM (2,619 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^wiirelease-3269^^

2. NeverX

Newcomer NeverX Member

United States
    I hope this gets an English release.

3. samred

Member samred GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sure, it'd be nice, but what much would you gain from a full translation? The incredibly intricate plot and amazingly crafted... menus? I'm just glad to see a Wii Puyo that's newer than the Japanese Megadrive version...

4. SonicRax

Member SonicRax Egg-Mayo: The Movie

United Kingdom
    For some reason I wasn't expecting this version to have Wi-Fi... now that I realize it DOES however, I think might need to go and 'purchase' it. [​IMG]

Anyone know if this release contains anything different from the DS release?

5. SuperToyShow

Newcomer SuperToyShow Member

United States
    I can't find this anywhere. I was downloading "it" then realized it was DS... [​IMG]

I found mentions of it on some korean site, but no links, probably have to register...

anyone else?

6. ramzabeoulve

Member ramzabeoulve GBAtemp Fan

France
    Man, Puyo Puyo used to be one of my favorites puzzle games. However, I have been outta the Puyo loop since the release of Puyo Puyo Fever...do the newer ones bring something fresh to the table, gameplay-wise ?

7. xshinox

Member xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    but what if the wifi is just leaderboards and no VS?

8. S2PID

Newcomer S2PID Member

United States
    Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary: Fever mode was altered so that when the timer hits 0, your fever is over right then and there (it's more exact and strict). The fever chains are kinda crummy too lol. They're mostly OK, but not so awesome for competitive play. There's also a bunch of party modes and stuff like Ice Blocks, Spinner/Flip, and Underwater, but those can't be played through wifi.

Puyo Puyo 7: Party modes are out afaik, so only legacy modes (Original Puyo Puyo, Puyo Puyo Tsu/2, Puyo Puyo Fever, Puyo Puyo Transformation, Nazo/Mission Puyo Puyo) are in it. Only Transformation, Fever, and Tsu rules can be played online in random battle and friend games (PP15th was Fever and tsu in random, and Fever tsu and OPP in friend games).

Fever mode is still the same, except if you screw up your 5 chain you get a 3 chain next. (In pp15th the minimum given chain was 5).

Transformation mode is really different, and not suited for competitive play (even though it's supposed to be...). I made a Transformation Mode mechanics guide. http://puyonexus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1167

9. ramzabeoulve

Member ramzabeoulve GBAtemp Fan

France
    Thanks for the heads-up ! Nice to hear that you can't exploit Fever mode so much anymore, me and my friends relied on it a bit too much.Gonna try out the PSP version of PP 7, since Puyo is better suited for portable gaming.

10. lizard81288

Member lizard81288 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this game has add new attack animations than its DS counterpart from what i've been told, and the wi-fi is solid as well.

too bad this probably won't come to America [​IMG]
    Fever 2 didn't, so i doubt 15th will and 7 too.