Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
There are like no video previews on YouTube at all for this game.

Not a good sign.
Add "Published by Zoo Digital" as a bad sign too, all of their racing titles are bad.

I do hope to be proved wrong with this but I really think it'll probably be down there with their other titles. Still with Speed Zone, Dirt 2 & NFS: Drift we'll be fine for racers at last.

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
actually not too bad this... occasional framerate issues aside,

Trackmania nations meets Burnout clone...

Probably one of the better racers on the wii tbh... (outside excite & mario kart)

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(jono@home @ Aug 14 2009, 01:43 AM) actually not too bad this... occasional framerate issues aside,

Probably one of the better racers on the wii tbh... (outside excite & mario kart) But it's Zoo Digital... It has to be crap otherwise I've accidentally slipped into a parallel universe
unsure.gif

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
Neversoft said:
QUOTE(jono@home @ Aug 14 2009, 01:43 AM) actually not too bad this... occasional framerate issues aside,

Probably one of the better racers on the wii tbh... (outside excite & mario kart) But it's Zoo Digital... It has to be crap otherwise I've accidentally slipped into a parallel universe
unsure.gif

give it a try, you will be pleasantly suprised..

I was expecting it to be just another wii shovelware title, far from it.

As I said it's Trackmania meets burnout is what you have here..

Although their is room for improvement with this game... (which is apparent in some areas) what you have here is a very good solid wii racer.

oh it takes up very little space on a HD too.. weighs in around 250mb!!!

oh and a tip best control method is using wii remote and nunchuck.... and use the second viewing not the default

dearodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(jono@home @ Aug 14 2009, 09:37 AM)
Neversoft said:

unsure.gif

give it a try, you will be pleasantly suprised..

I was expecting it to be just another wii shovelware title, far from it.

As I said it's Trackmania meets burnout is what you have here..

Although their is room for improvement with this game... (which is apparent in some areas) what you have here is a very good solid wii racer.

oh it takes up very little space on a HD too.. weighs in around 250mb!!!

oh and a tip best control method is using wii remote and nunchuck.... and use the second viewing not the default

I agree it's a little bit better than expected, but it is still subpar.
Now don't think I am starting a fanboyish argument, the reality is the PS2 had Gran Turismo 4 in 2005, which looks and plays millions better than this.
We or Wii needs a game like Gran Turismo.
Once can only hope that Dirt2 and eventually the Codemasters Formula 1 game bring some good racing titles over to the Wii.
If you want a better racer, Ferrari something (don't remember the exact name) from system3 is way better than BnR. MKWii is a classic in its own genre.
Or even get some older Gamecube racers (burnout 2 is still fun, any need for speed on GC buries this title ...etc.)

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
oi,BnR has a lot of flaws, but if they ever make a sequel using all the same ,few more themes,on line track sharing,and at least 5,6 fps more,it would be a great driving game.

... enough wishes,I am a big racing games fan,I enjoyed even baja 1ooo,its not great but its fun,has 4 player suport,i fear that framerate is poor but it has.. and it has track building,I would put track building in every single racing game..why is that so hard ? 1nsane from 2001 had even random track generator,I played that game for years..
ok,thats all,if you like racing games try this one,it will keep you occupied for a while.

grog.gif

Kenshin Br

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Avarage game.

The graphics are terrible. A lot of aliansing and a bad framerate. Looks like sh...

The controls are fine, but the game is just not exciting.

Not worth it.

It is not that bad, but is that kind of game that you will playt just once.

Wii has better racing games: SSX Blur, Speed Racer, Excite Truck, Excite Bots, Mario Kart Wii, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam and Shaun White Snowboard.

So there is no reason to download Build'n Race.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill