Wii #1451 - Monster Hunter 3 Tri (Japan)

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For those that want to play online, it's 2000 Wii points for 3 months. But every game has 20 days free, so get on there!

And yes, non-Japanese versions have always been F2P.

trmorgan00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope to find this some where cant wait to fix psp to play unite and this by far to me has the best grafic beside Twilight Princes

fought it on -snip- and its 2.89gb

yaypsp.gif

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds alot like PSO

... by the way, how long, if possible, do people think that it'll take hackers to break online? (to make it free i mean)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MeleeMaster500 said:
sounds alot like PSO

... by the way, how long, if possible, do people think that it'll take hackers to break online? (to make it free i mean)
Aw man, please don't go around saying things like these.
Capcom worked hard on this game, and if you do not want to buy it, at least pay for the online. It's not like you're forced to play it online and 20$ for 3 months it's REALLY CHEAP.

By the way, it'll be probably free here in the west. Unite did not sell as well as they expected, so they might put free online on Tri to enhance sales.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda hard to pay for the online though, from what I understand the Wii Points are region specific, and this include the Online passes. A NTSC-U console shouldn't be able to buy the points needed to go online, unless there's some work around I don't know of.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never said i wouldn't buy it originally, i got the conduit cause i wanted to support them and the game's content is what's being purchased originally...

i just don't wanna be stuck with an addicting online game that i'd have to pay over and over again just to simply play. putting payment on a a game's online while making them purchase the product in the first place is a pretty smart yet very greedy technique. that's also why i'll never touch world of warcraft, i'm not made of money
tongue.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MeleeMaster500 said:
i never said i wouldn't buy it originally, i got the conduit cause i wanted to support them and the game's content is what's being purchased originally...

i just don't wanna be stuck with an addicting online game that i'd have to pay over and over again just to simply play. putting payment on a a game's online while making them purchase the product in the first place is a pretty smart yet very greedy technique. that's also why i'll never touch world of warcraft, i'm not made of money
tongue.gif
Fine, but remember that hacking something like paid online play would make Nintendo (and Capcom) REALLY angry, and could make them retailate harshly against "homebrew" (more like "piracy").

Better not upset them.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm pretty sure they're already pissed on the homebrew scene as a whole. hacked games and backups to boot.

whoever programmed the values that hold Epona's name without blocking a stack smash is probably well fired by now...

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Umm, did Wii points only recently become region-locked? Because I am completely confident that a year or 2 ago, I was watching my friend change his console into Japanese mode, download the Japanese Fire Emblem VCs with NA Wii points, and then changed his console back to NA mode and bought Rondo of Blood.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game looks fun and the visuals look pretty damn impressive. It's strange that I've never heard of this game before.

To players of the previous games, do you think that this game would be playable in japanese? It doesn't look like it has much storyline to it.
If not, what other version of MH would people recommend to hold me over until this releases in english? I have pretty much every console, so any recommendations are appreciated.

Tycho01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChrisRX said:
To players of the previous games, do you think that this game would be playable in japanese? It doesn't look like it has much storyline to it.
If not, what other version of MH would people recommend to hold me over until this releases in english? I have pretty much every console, so any recommendations are appreciated.
The hunting would be playable in Japanese, but figuring out the ingredients for specific gear will not, which will sooner or later become a big problem. You should pick up MH:Unite, for the PSP -- only just came out in English.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this game will most likely be free to play stateside. capcom dont have a big enough fanbase as it is in the west. if they bring over pay-to-play they'd lose more sales.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
I hope its better than the other games, they were ok at best.
You best be Jesting my African-American friend!

It's one of the most "hardcore" series of recent years.
People complain about the lack of hardcore games on Nintendo systems well here's one.

QUOTE(Rock Raiyu @ Jul 31 2009, 08:56 AM) Is this game still as slow paced like the demo was? Cause for me that is a big turn off for the series to me.
Yeah, It's the style of the series.
The learning curve is incredibly steep and you have to work REALLY hard before you feel like you're getting anywhere.
But, ultimately that's what makes it so rewarding.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can't wait to play this in English
smile.gif
One of the best series ever made imo.

Anyone who thinks differently just needs more practice (i.e. you're probably an awful hunter)
happy.gif

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
What do you have to do in this game?
Never played one before. I can imagine it's like Pokemon but a bit more mature?

Is a game, there is nothing "mature" about slaying monster with "skills and fictional weapons".... no matter if they are cartooney, or "realistic" normal mapped...

I really dont udnerstand why people ( not you Satangel, in general ) so try to brag about definition of "maturity" related to number of polygons/shaders ...
unsure.gif
, " Oh yeah, MGS4 is mature... Super Mario Galaxy is not... " ..

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game pace isn't slow. At the moment it might feel like that, because you are slow. This is a game that you'll have to play for hours to become better. When you're fighting Wyverns you'll see that the game is anything but slow. Timing becomes everything at those fights, giving you only a few moments to dodge, block, attack, eat, etc.

It's a great game, but if you don't understand Japanese and are new to the series you might want to wait for the American/European release or play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP instead. The fighting itself is not hard to figure out, but you'll be unable to read quest instructions, needed materials and the likes. A translation guide would probably get you through the game though.

The game pace isn't anywhere near the pace of games like God of War or Dynasty Warriors, but this game is much more demanding and challenging. You can't take a lot of hits and you'll have to think about any move you make. It's a tough nut too crack when you start, but it's all worth it in the end. I'm talking about combat here, collecting materials and running around town doing stuff goes at a slow pace indeed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated