Wii #1244 - Mario Power Tennis *PROPER* (USA)

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
The old one:

Nuked: not.working.bad.dump_image.is.beta_i44.tinypic.com.oiekae.png_same.header.as.Tri ial.Pursuit.USA.but.different.crc

So yeah, same header as Trivial Pursuit but different checksum. Maybe it worked, but this release is the proper one.

NickW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that this release works.

The controls for this game don't really seem to be as bad as everyone says. Sure, Nintendo should have left in the option to play with a Gamecube controller, but the Wii controls work ok.

kpoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lazycus said:
This one has 3.4U and of course all the latest IOS up to IOS55. It only wants IOS33 to run though.

I'm on 3.3U and tried adding IOS33-64-v2832.wad and the game still wants me to do a system update. Any idea what other specific IOS's it's looking for?

Lou M

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this stuff, so if some of these questions have been answered before, sorry. My buddy (also new to this) DL'd Mario Power Tennis PROPER (USA). We both have NTSC/USA Wii's with Wikey2 chips. We've already played many DL'd games, without any problems. This is the first game that asked for the system to be updated. He ran the .iso through Brick Blocker and it said it was NTSC/USA. From what we read, if your Wii and the game are both NTSC/USA, you shouldn't have any problems with doing the update. Well, he did the update and the Wii seemed to freeze (black screen). Tried cycling the power and trying another game (Wii sports that came with the Wii). Still nothing. He got on-line and found some info about semi-bricking and followed the instuctions to fix this problem. He finally got his Wii working again. So, my questions are, should updating be avoided? If you don't update, is the game playable? If he did the "Patch" in Brick Blocker, would that have helped? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kpoulton said:
Lazycus said:
This one has 3.4U and of course all the latest IOS up to IOS55. It only wants IOS33 to run though.

I'm on 3.3U and tried adding IOS33-64-v2832.wad and the game still wants me to do a system update. Any idea what other specific IOS's it's looking for?

Like I said, it has all the latest IOSs on it. Even though it only requires IOS33 to run it will want you to do a system update for everything in the update partition that doesn't exist on your Wii or exists on your Wii with a lower version number. Is there any reason you want to stay at 3.3U? If not, just let it update your system to 3.4U and update/add the other IOSs. If you want to stay at 3.3U you will have to brickblock it (remove the update partition) and probably remove the #002 error protection as well.

kpoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lazycus said:
kpoulton said:
Lazycus said:

Like I said, it has all the latest IOSs on it. Even though it only requires IOS33 to run it will want you to do a system update for everything in the update partition that doesn't exist on your Wii or exists on your Wii with a lower version number. Is there any reason you want to stay at 3.3U? If not, just let it update your system to 3.4U and update/add the other IOSs. If you want to stay at 3.3U you will have to brickblock it (remove the update partition) and probably remove the #002 error protection as well.

Reason for staying at 3.3U is to not have to copy the Twilight Princess save game over every time I want to install a WAD. Also protect against Nintendo doing updates to my Wii without me knowing which I believe they put in the 3.4U release notes.

I may just suck it up and do a 3.4U update but I'd rather just replace a few IOS' if that is easy.

My next research is to find a utility to display what version of IOS' I currently have on my Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU