Wii #1240 - Marble Saga: Kororinpa (USA)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well..release date for PAL is April..great
rolleyes.gif
. I think I can't wait that long...hell, is it so much to translate
tongue.gif
? Time for another NTSC-Game...and improving my English a little bit more
wink.gif
. The first one was great, I realy enjoyed it. This one will be better...balance-Board and Level-Editor (
wub.gif
)...great. For anyone who want's to see something:

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am really confused about something..I have an NTSC Wii..running firmware 3.4U..I have the Wii soft modded plus yesterday I installed the Wasabi Zero mod chip..all of my my new games work fine on the disc channel, today I burned this game, and when I put it in the Wii I see it in the disc channel but then when I press start it just goes to black and I have to restart the Wii..what do I have to do to make this work. Someone told me its the Same fix as the Madworld game but I am really not familiar with what I have to do..I already removed any update that might have come with the game using Brick Blocker(just like I do with every game)

dominos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK wiikey mod chip users... Here is the FIX (no gecko loader is necessary) (Thank you Soulwarrior)
You must install three wad files to update the system. The files are:
IOS38-64-v3609.wad
IOS53-64-v4113.wad
and IOS55-64-v4633.wad

Use the Homebrew channel to install them...
1. So install the homebrew channel (if you haven't already)using this guide
hxxp://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiHowTo.txt
to get the HBC files go here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108959
scroll down until you see v01 Beta backup loader section, under that section you'll see wii iso loader.zip
NOTE: before you put the files onto the memory card to start installing the homebrew channel do step 2
2. in the files you have to put on the sd card there is a folder called "WAD"
3. put the three "wads" you extract from Kororinpa/or Madworld into this folder on the sd card
4. put the files/folders (apps, ID1, private, spectrum games, wad, boot.elf, and mplayerwii.config) onto the sd card
5. follow the guide and install the hbc
6. go to the homebrew channel you installed (do this with the card plugged in)
and go over to wad manager
7. once wad manager loads press + each of the three wads to install theme.
8. once you install the 3 wads the game should work.

To get the 3 necessary wad files...
1. load the Kororinpa (or Mad World)iso into wii scrubber 1.3.1 (key.bin must be present in the root dir)
2. go to partition 1 -> sys
3. extract IOS38-64-v3609.wad IOS53-64-v4113.wad and IOS55-64-v4633.wad
4. install the 3 wad files using wad manager via HBC

YOU MUST GET THE WADS BEFORE YOU BRICKBLOCK

archilolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks dominos for your explanations.
wink2.gif

Just a question : can I install the wads (taken from a US game) on my Pal Wii ? Or is there a risk to brick my pal Wii ?

dominos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
archilolo said:
Thanks dominos for your explanations.
wink2.gif

Just a question : can I install the wads (taken from a US game) on my Pal Wii ? Or is there a risk to brick my pal Wii ?

I don't know for sure. I wouldn't risk it at this point. I'll try to find out more. I know these files correct the "002" error but I haven't been following it closely enough to know if pal users are having the same error. I would assume you could extract the wads from the pal iso's as well so that would be my method if I were you but It might be worth further investigating before taking that chance. I don't think any harm would come from installing pal wads that would have auto installed anyway on a non modded pal Wii. Don't take my word for it...I'm not a code guru...just a messenger. :-)

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There's no difference in IOS between regions I think, I installed 38/53/55 from USA MadWorld on my PAL Wii and it works perfectly fine.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I haven't touched my Wii since Animal Crossing City Folk, I'm having an issue with this game. I actually bought it and prefer to run it from the actual disc. I also want to stay on 3.2, don't want to update. I was able to play Animal Crossing by simply running it through gecko, but trying to do that with this game is resulting in error 002. Any suggestions? I don't want to update, and I rather play from the retail disc instead of burning a patched copy or something...

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 3.2U on a USA Wii and I'm getting ERROR #002 whenever I load this.

I'm positively sure the version I downloaded is NTSC-U, which is why I don't understand the problem since it says that this problem should only happen if I'm playing a PAL version.

MagNeato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was getting the System Update Billboard when I first tried to run the game so I used Brick Blocker. Then I got the black screen / freeze after the Marble Saga Billboard screen.

What exactly do the three WAD files do? Is that the system update to 3.4? The reason I ask is because I rolled back to (3.2 from 3.3) so I could use my YOASM config disc and load apps in the Homebrew Channel. I fear that if I update to 3.4 I'll be back at square one.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This disc wants IOS55 to run and only has 3.1U on it. It will not update you to 3.4U unless you're connected to the internet. Error #002 will pop up sometimes for not having the proper system menu or IOS. Put IOS55 on your machine and you will be fine.

aj2703

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
florian said:
working on pal wii 3.2e but dont forget to remove error 002 with GenericWiiPatcher and forced to PAL with WiiFrii_2.3b and work fine and this game is fun
wink.gif

Dosen't work on mine. Wiikey 3.2 Pal

Posts merged

QUOTE(Lazycus @ Mar 20 2009, 01:06 AM) This disc wants IOS55 to run and only has 3.1U on it. It will not update you to 3.4U unless you're connected to the internet. Error #002 will pop up sometimes for not having the proper system menu or IOS. Put IOS55 on your machine and you will be fine.

How is that done, can you provide a link please.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol