Wii #0637 - Baroque (USA)

Psy29a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's that supposed to mean? It doesn't work when scrubbed or you just generally disapprove of scrubbing in general? If it's the former then thanks for the info, if it's the latter then you might look into getting a life.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Psy29a said:
What's that supposed to mean? It doesn't work when scrubbed or you just generally disapprove of scrubbing in general? If it's the former then thanks for the info, if it's the latter then you might look into getting a life.

What is up with the massive amount of lurkers popping up to make snotty comments lately? If you've got nothing to add to the topic, then continue to lurk and stop embarrassing yourselves.

On Topic: Works fine with Wiikey 1.9s burned on Verbatim -R at 1x speed with ImgBurn.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How does me not liking scrubbing equate to me allegedly not having a life?

I don't care for it, but, it does cause problems with a few releases ... namely Mario Kart and this ... makes this game lock up, in later sections.

You might want to be a bit more careful of how you talk to people, especially when it's help or info you are after ... as it may stop people from wanting to help or inform you.

Psy29a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for implying that since you were actually trying to be helpful. It's a bit tough to tell though from the context, those sort of comments are used all over the internet as general statements of disapproval and if it really bothered you that someone else would want to scrub it then... I would never have even thought that if you had just said it causes lock ups.

So thanks and sorry again for assuming you were being rude.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay
smile.gif

Sors

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i am very much into rogue-likes, so bob you seem to know a bit about this i have 2 questions
smile.gif

is the game too much affected by realtime battles, or does it still feel roguelike?
and how is the difficulty? (quite high i hope)

thx

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Difficulty : High

How rogue-like is it? : Quite ... the view is not as far back as most rogue-likes are ... you are pretty much right up to the character you control. The battles aren't real-time, really ... they are that super-quick turn-based, where you only have an instant to react.

[Side-note : I finished Chocobo's Dungeon of Forgotten Time, recently, on the Wii, and it is an amazing rogue-like ... with some lovely new features, like job classes, and a mirror that allows you to replay dungeons, over and over ... it is not that hard though, compared to other rogue-likes.]

Additional note : the controls for this game are slightly better on the PS2 version.

ramzabeoulve

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-difference.com
XP
Country
France
jhoff80 said:
Houou said:
I don't get it. Why do even accomplished developers like Atlus half-ass games for the Wii?
$$$$

$$$$ ? Yeah sure, because rogue-like games are oh so well known for being classic best-sellers...
BTW, Atlus's just publishing it - Sting are the ones to blame for this apparently shoddy port.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey bobdevil i was gonna play in ps2 but i still have doubts.
besides the gameplay what can u say about the customization
and other stuff (eqiupments, mini-games etc.?

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ramzabeoulve said:
jhoff80 said:
Houou said:
I don't get it. Why do even accomplished developers like Atlus half-ass games for the Wii?
$$$$

$$$$ ? Yeah sure, because rogue-like games are oh so well known for being classic best-sellers...
BTW, Atlus's just publishing it - Sting are the ones to blame for this apparently shoddy port.

If you have issues with this game, then it is Sting, and not Atlus, who dropped the ball, in the weaker areas.

hey bobdevil i was gonna play in ps2 but i still have doubts.
besides the gameplay what can u say about the customization
and other stuff (eqiupments, mini-games etc.?

Customization isn't any better or worse than your average rogue-like, and to be honest, you've probably seen this all before, in other 3-D rogue-likes, but that doesn't make it a terrible game. At the end of the day, it's all down to whether or not you are interested enough to use up a blank DVD-R.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
I don't care for it, but, it does cause problems with a few releases ... namely Mario Kart and this ... makes this game lock up, in later sections.

I'm intrigued here - you say you wouldn't play a scrubbed one, yet you say that it locks up later in the game for a scrubbed copy.
huh.gif

Can you give a specific example of where it locks up so I can try and find out why.

The Mario Kart one....well the 1.0a scrubber software showed an error, just people didn't notice it (and trying to read the compress image back in would have shown an "io error" as a pop up box). Thats now been fixed.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It may be fine, with the new Scrubber ... I don't know ... I am only reporting back what others have posted, on various download sites, with a scrubbed version that was upped there.

They report that going into, or out of a dungeon, after a few hours play, causes a black screen, and a lock up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: