Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
dydy said:
no freeze for me on the SSE with mario?

It's not an instant thing, sometimes you can use it for a minute or so but it will freeze the game eventually.

There's an easy way to test if this happens in your game if anyone wouldn't mind giving it a go. Go to Options, Controls, Make a new entry and call it anything you like, select a controller then click Test.

Keep pressing Down B or whatever you have set for Mario's water cannon and it will crash after 5 or 6 goes. You won't last a minute. Well, I don't anyway nor do quite a few other people.

daq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hardcore Gamer said:
dydy said:

It's not an instant thing, sometimes you can use it for a minute or so but it will freeze the game eventually.

There's an easy way to test if this happens in your game if anyone wouldn't mind giving it a go. Go to Options, Controls, Make a new entry and call it anything you like, select a controller then click Test.

Keep pressing Down B or whatever you have set for Mario's water cannon and it will crash after 5 or 6 goes. You won't last a minute. Well, I don't anyway nor do quite a few other people.

yep, did that and it crashes every time. PAL 3.1FW, 1.9g Wiikey.

anyone else?

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dydy said:
the game work fine on wii pal with wiikey 1.9g ...just burn with imgburn on DVD+R DL verbatim in 2.4x and pioneer and run
wink.gif
See
rolleyes.gif

you asked about 15 times where the double layer break should be
instead of just burning the damn baby on a disk
tongue.gif

rodak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
daq said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
dydy said:

anyone else?

Unconfirmed info: Set Deflicker to OFF in the game options and it should work, a guy in another post says that, haven't tried myself. But it dont hurts to try
smile.gif

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
rodak said:
daq said:
Hardcore Gamer said:
dydy said:

anyone else?

Unconfirmed info: Set Deflicker to OFF in the game options and it should work, a guy in another post says that, haven't tried myself. But it dont hurts to try
smile.gif

It works, just tried it. Turn Deflicker off, change wii settings to 60hz then load the game. The screen will turn blank but keep pressing A or wait, I don't know and the opening intro will appear eventually. I tested Mario in the control test for a while and no crashing.

This also fixes the scores half disappearing off the bottom the screen.

daq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
smile.gif

It works, just tried it. Turn Deflicker off, change wii settings to 60hz then load the game. The screen will turn blank but keep pressing A or wait, I don't know and the opening intro will appear eventually. I tested Mario in the control test for a while and no crashing.

This also fixes the scores half disappearing off the bottom the screen.

yep, tried it and it works fine. thanks for that, glad to be able to run it in 60hz with no crashing!!

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killer23d said:
pnut said:
KoMaKoMa said:
Where can i find "ProphSSBB.inf" ?

Pnut: imgburn

Posts merged

Where can i find "ProphSSBB.inf" ?

Thanks, are there any settings I ned to use or any optimal speed? Oh, I have +R. Thanks!

EDIT: I tried burning on ImgBurn and keep getting the following:

Optimum Power Calibration Failed

Reason: Track Following Error.

Any ideas? I have an HP DVD Writer 640c burner.

Untick OPM in Burn setting in Imgburn, not all burner support OPM.

It was my burner itself..... Anyone use a Pioneer burner? thats what I'm loooking to buy.

dydy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Daimakaimura said:
dydy said:
the game work fine on wii pal with wiikey 1.9g ...just burn with imgburn on DVD+R DL verbatim in 2.4x and pioneer and run
wink.gif
See
rolleyes.gif

you asked about 15 times where the double layer break should be
instead of just burning the damn baby on a disk
tongue.gif

yep Daimakaimura
wink.gif
no layerbreak selected and work ^^

funkinlesson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
what kinda tv are you using cause I had brawl (japanese) and on my tv samsung widescreen hd-ready there is a part of the screen cut of (bottom part not much but a little)
A Samsung LCD. The game is full screen apart from the cut scenes where there is a black frame around the picture that's maybe an inch wide, which I assume is intentional. My Wii's connected via a component cable and is set to 480p.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
480p works for me but I have to set my Wii to 480i.

If I leave my Wii on 480p it runs brawl IN 480i :|

Dunno why....

Same for you jalaneme?

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiikey 1.9g
US NTSC Wii
Burned game with disk utility in OS X (no layer break obviously)
Used Verbatim DVD+DL

Booted up, did system update, works 100%

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry to ask a question that may seem dumb to some, but what is layer break? Isn't a dual layer disc just a dual layer disc?

Thanks in advance for the answer
smile.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL (MKM 003 00)
Layerbreak fixed
Wiikey 1.9g
3.2U Wii
15% trick w/JPN SSBB
2.4x burn speed

Works perfectly. Did not ask for update.

splattered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if a Trucha PPF patch has been released to remove the drive protection on the game? This was done for Mario Galaxy and said to be working great... this would be a great help for some of us
happy.gif
If anyone knows, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

funkinlesson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Selxis said:
I'm sorry to ask a question that may seem dumb to some, but what is layer break? Isn't a dual layer disc just a dual layer disc?

Thanks in advance for the answer
smile.gif

Setting a custom layer break allows you to specify how the data is divided across the two layers of the disc. However, when I was looking for info on layer breaks, I found a site that said this: -

QUOTEA DVD+R DL was not created for any extensive using of custom Layer Break and it is expected that the data will be equally divided (the layer break will be in the middle of disc).
If you don't specify a layer break, that's exactly what happens - there is an equal amount of data on both layers. All I know is that method worked perfectly for me and I'm not having the issues that some other people are having.

73ARM3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aone 8x DVD+R DL (nice and cheap and what I use for 360 games)
Layerbreak 2084960
Pal Wii
Wiikey 1.9g
3.2E
Burnt at 2.4x with imgburn
Untouched iso
Did the update (allready have dupe channels)

Only problem I have seen so far was jerky music on intro,
but seemed to fix itself once deflicker was turned off.

kingofkingz24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question , i downloaded the wzrdssbb from a newsgroup , but when i try to extract it , it tells me i missing some files and i downloaded every file available, anyone else having this problem, how do i fix it?

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingofkingz24 said:
question , i downloaded the wzrdssbb from a newsgroup , but when i try to extract it , it tells me i missing some files and i downloaded every file available, anyone else having this problem, how do i fix it?
quickpar to repair

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have been following all 43 pages . I feel like I have known some of you for years now.

Media question:

I am considering buying Staples brand DVD+R DL's. They are $30 for 25 in the US. Has anyone had any experience with these?

--

Also, good luck to any of you out there who may be working on a DVD5 rip. Godspeed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1