Wii #0518 - No More Heroes (USA)

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Who has a ntcs console and lives in europe? Do you have problems with it? How do you convert the power to 220v? I want to import one to.. but dunno where... I want non censord games!

You need a stepdown transformer to convert the 100-110v to 220v. Since the Wii is very light on power load, even a 50 watt stepdown would be enough. It's a bit of a leap to get an import console just for the uncensored games imo.. the only PAL game that is censored is NMH right? Unless you count Manhunt 2.. but even if it ever gets past the legal crap in the UK it'll still be the same version as the US.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Don't waste money on a stepdown converter. Just get a replacement Wii power supply at your local store, they use the exact same plug (on the Wii side)

Disizdream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm french and I own a NTSC USA Wii.
As robi said, you can use a PAL Wii 220v power supply directly on your USA Wii.
That's what I'm doing.
Don't worry you can do everything like a PAL console, you can connect to the web, and even use your european credit card to pay in the Wii Store.
I bought mine on ebay.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm french and I own a NTSC USA Wii.
As robi said, you can use a PAL Wii 220v power supply directly on your USA Wii.
That's what I'm doing.
Don't worry you can do everything like a PAL console, you can connect to the web, and even use your european credit card to pay in the Wii Store.
I bought mine on ebay.
Thats interesting information!
smile.gif
So I can buy a wii powersupply in the store.. thats nice! what about the newschannel and the other channels?

Disizdream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Thats interesting information!
smile.gif
So I can buy a wii powersupply in the store.. thats nice! what about the newschannel and the other channels?

You can choose between 3 languages : french, spanish and english
You also have to choose a country in a list that contain only american and canadian countries.
All the channel works, but the weather channel give informations for the country you choose, and European countries are not available in the list.
However you can still go to the country you want to know the weather by spinning the 3D earth with the wiimote.
The same goes for the news channel.

To pay on the wii store with my mastercard, I first choose USA as my country but when I wanted to buy wii points I was asked a complete USA adress that must match with my credit card, I tried the first adress I found on the web but the payment was refused.
Then I tried Canada, and it only asked me a zip code and a 3 letters state, I tried a random canadian zip code and the state that goes with it and it worked !!!

zvix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ the argon 1.3

Just dumped my argon to get it updated to 1.3, so give me a few hours.
Atm pal system with 1.0 argon chip, no more heroes with patch to pal en ntsc without patch ready.

I will so cry if no more heroes wont work on 1.3 argon.... I want to see red blood !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been asking it in the infectus forums.. but they say that it probably won't work as it has the same compatibility as the other modchips...

Sorry for the late reply :

Pal - 1.4 argon

NTSC-U not working - wii doesnt read the disk
NTSC-U + regiopatch pal - wii read the disk, but hangs when the game starts.

So yeah.. glad to know it for all consoles and not because chip.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
at the moment the Wii consoles are in limited supply everywhere, consoles prices are expensive, i wish i could afford a american Wii right now but it's just not possible, plus there is the import tax to deal with too, a shame.

kelvie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just one question -- near the beginning of the game, does Travis still stare at the magical girl anime poster and mutter "Moay....", or did they take that out for the US version? (I wouldn't imagine the general population to know what he meant
tongue.gif
)

Spec2K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone with a NTSC Wii modded with hthe d2ckey have some slight glitch freezes?

I noticed some glitchin freezing when I was in the motel in his living room and I watched the tv.
The Video on his television had some glitches and minor freezes so I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

It could be my burn, or a bad release.. please lemme know if anyone has a problem like this.

My burn Specs
==========
Burner: Pioneer 109

Media: Ritek

Speed: 4X

Tio BOB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I was having problems with the game locking up at the intro movie, so I decided to skip it (by pressing +)... so the game started all right. But after I killed the first boss the games asks me to save the progress and when I do it the game just never leaves the loading screen...

My Wii makes no sound. It's like its not even trying to read the disc. And the star that appears in the corner during loading screens keeps turning forever.

I've already burned the game in 8x, 4x and 2x, but no go.

The game is the NTSC version. I have a NTSC Wii 3.1U with Wiikey 1.9g.

P.S. I'm having a similar problem with Batallion Wars 2.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im wondering, did anyone notice if their copy of no more heroes ntsc seeks way too much in the world free roaming map ? the drive is like berserk, sounding like its loading from the disc but there shouldnt be that much drive activity from not much happening in the world map. while im cruising on travis's bike, the drive's laser sounds like its shaving the disc inside. :wtf: while im in the world map is when i notice the excessive disc seeking going on. i've played 10 hours of no more heroes lagless and my copy has no scratches, and looks literally in perfect condition

i dont know if the makers thought it would be a good joke for my wii to play like its slashing the disc inside but it makes me worry beyond grief that my wii is getting overworked =[
i dont want to be rash make another copy when this thorn of mine is happening by itself !
all my other games have been working good and if i play long on my wii i switch on my antec cooler for it
happy.gif

specs:
wii
NTSC D2B v3.2, Wiikey v1.2 wire install
config: all settings on, drive speed 6x

disc info/media:
tdk dvd-r 16x (Taiwan)
burned at 6x or 8x im not sure
with no mods to the iso
CMC MAG. AM3

jassono

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this happen to anybody else? After I save right before the first boss, I step into the light thing and press A to fight the boss
And then the game says the wii cant read the disc or something
Its a PAL rip, and my jap wii is chipped, but im not sure with what :s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F