Wii #0336 - Battalion Wars 2 (USA)

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Now that the Wiikey 1.9G update is out and confirmed working on SMG, has anyone got 5mins to try Batallion Wars 2 again on PAL to see if this update has helped, its a long shot, but might have fixed more than just Galaxy!

I would test, but wont be home for another 7 hours!

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This sucks, over 60 posts and most of them were people asking over and over again if it works on PAL, with or without update and in every different trick combination.
I'm sooo out of here....
hate2.gif

By the way, the game looked very interesting from the trailer I saw.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Very fun game. I thought it was going to be like Advance Wars for the DS (main menu graphics looked like it with the tanks and such). I was very happy to see it's a Third Person Shooter with squad commanding abilities. Graphically, it's impressive and gameplay wise it's a winner. BWii 2 is very entertaining, though the little speeches the emperors give are quite annoying and stop gameplay. They aren't as bad once you get past the prologue mission.

Very nice surprise for the Wii, controls are spot on excellent and prove that a FPS/TPS can be done properly. Next to Zelda, this is my favorite Wii title.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This sucks, over 60 posts and most of them were people asking over and over again if it works on PAL, with or without update and in every different trick combination.
I'm sooo out of here....
hate2.gif

By the way, the game looked very interesting from the trailer I saw.
Agreed. Actual game play is rarely spoken of in this forum (Wii Releases, that is). You need to create a whole new topic in "Wii - Games & General discussion" if you want to discuss the game itself, it seems.

somon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know it's gonna be bore some of you, but I need to know, I've heard it worked with Freeregion on PAL Wii... So could somebody enlight me ^^
If someone succeeded on PAL thanks to tell us
tongue.gif

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got around to playing this game and I think it's pretty sweet. Does anyone know if online mode works? I can go in and connect to people, but as soon as the game starts it says the "other user has disconnected". Could this possibly be Nintendo knowing I'm using a backup and severing the connection?

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

Sorry to ask the same question again but does this game work on a pal wii 3.1e with wiikey 1.9g?
Or do i have to do the mp3 trick or region free?
My son is keen to play this sorry.

Cheers Shane

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
this game had no protection. wiikey 1.9g doesnt change anything. And anyone that says they got it working on their PAL wii with any combination is talking out of their ass. It won't work with current region free methods. Its one of the ever increasingly new games that is NTSC only!

scarecro99

Trophies
XP
Country
I also got the update screen.... I patched it with regionfrii to PAL region 4 (didnt use brickblocker). I put it in my wii and when i clicked on the spinning cd box it came up with the message "Performing system update". I turned my console off straight away.

I made another copy with brickblocker but this didnt work (lock up black screen). Now this is a similar situation to MP3. I did the MP3 10% update trick for MP3 but i havent got the balls to do the same thing for BW2, though I am thinking that it will work (just like MP3 did).... My console is PAL and with 3.01E with wiikey 1.9b (ive done super paper mario and MP3)....
Has someone got the balls to do the MP3 trick? Also can someone tell me if i have patched the game with regionfrii will it do a PAL firmware update or NTSC update (being an NTSC game)????

WHOS GOT THE BALLS?????

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a very fun game, but its got one major issue.

The aiming reticule doesn't stand out from the background at all, and tends to blend in, making it entirely useless. In fact sometimes you need to move it away from the enemy just to find it and then aim back at them.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is it co-op?

Co-op is included in multiplayer, yes. But you don't get to play the single player campaign per se - it's just a bunch of customized maps that has been designed for this particular mode.

This is a very fun game, but its got one major issue.

The aiming reticule doesn't stand out from the background at all, and tends to blend in, making it entirely useless. In fact sometimes you need to move it away from the enemy just to find it and then aim back at them.
Yeah so I've heard and I think the lock-on feature was pretty uncalled for. I'm gonna try and enjoy the game as much as I can without ever using it.

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... Has anyone successfully gone online with this release... ever?

Just curious cause it didn't work for me.

scarecro99

Trophies
XP
Country
I did the MP3 trick firstly to about 10% then the game didnt work, so i tried it again to about 50%... still no luck.
Im thinking that I may have to do the update... just like super paper mario (ive converted the region to region 4 PAL Australia) Can anyone help me? Nobody got any info on this. I really dont want to brick my wii

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe this has been brought up before but since it seems to have a similiar protection method as SMG did, have anyone tried with Wiikey 1.9g? I mean, if it fixes the SMG issue, it should take care of a similiar protection code like this one too.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe this has been brought up before but since it seems to have a similiar protection method as SMG did, have anyone tried with Wiikey 1.9g? I mean, if it fixes the SMG issue, it should take care of a similiar protection code like this one too.

it does not use the same protection as SMG, it just doesn't work on pal

scarecro99

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep i tried everything... regionfrii/no regionfrii/brickblocker/no brickblocker/MP3 trick/updating fully/50hz/60hz/480p/.... it just doent work on PAL (well i havent tried the wiikey 1.9g update - but i doubt it will work). I just got double channels for my troubles...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +2