Wii #0001 - Red Steel (USA)

Bowser128

King Koopa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Though, I wonder how fast other games will be backed up .. Since the methods are available why not release zelda / rayman etc.

Well, not everyone will feel happy with modding the firmware on their DVD drives, though I'm sure in the not too distant future there will be a proper dumping program released.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
wow... its like a slaughter house in here... people getting banned left and right...
cry.gif

(google and torrents are your friends
wink.gif
)

any way i just wanted to no why everyone is downloading this is when there are no signs of bootloader life out there? (hopefully some will come soon)
i mean its just a waste of space right now to get it!!!

but anyway i wanted to no if anyone out there is working on a bootloader where all i need to play backups is my sd card.

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Timo710: don't think so, but it would be a nice release.
smile.gif

@lanouille89: no warez on gbatemp.
wink.gif
Well I did dump it, I just didn't do an official release, Cuz everybody with a Wii and a SD card can make the dump, though the nintendo servers are pretty slow I can imagine people want to download it through faster (less visited) servers, and I haven't heard any complains about people downloading the channel this way!

Ow shit that was way offtopic wasn't it?

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed with modshroom128. Downloading and taking up HDD space now is just a waste of time and space until someone finds a way to play them on the Wii, which from the looks of things is going to be a while.

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
smile.gif

wink.gif

Well I did dump it, I just didn't do an official release, Cuz everybody with a Wii and a SD card can make the dump, though the nintendo servers are pretty slow I can imagine people want to download it through faster (less visited) servers, and I haven't heard any complains about people downloading the channel this way!

so where's the dumper? if that was the case, you'd be seeing alot more dumped images out there.

oh, and what the flippin' hell do nintendo's servers have to do with dumping a game disc?

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ow shit that was way offtopic wasn't it?so where's the dumper? if that was the case, you'd be seeing alot more dumped images out there.

oh, and what the flippin' hell do nintendo's servers have to do with dumping a game disc?
I think he's talking about Wii Channels...In which case, I'd say, you know those things are encrypted right? So, unless you know how to decrypt your personal copy, etc, all that stuff is pretty much in the hands of those who know how to crack stuff. So just sit back and chill

D

Deleted User

has anyone found a way to do ANYTHING with the image?

burn it and make some xmas gifts..

being serious, the image have the same sort of certificate inside as in vc games, so nothing will be done without exploiting vc games encryption which is easier (possible known text attack on roms), but easier doesn't mean feasible...

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
well... how long until someone makes progress to making something to play this iso on a wii...

are there any projects going on???

and will i need a modchip or just a microsd card i can put the bootloader on?

DEF-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well... how long until someone makes progress to making something to play this iso on a wii...

are there any projects going on???

and will i need a modchip or just a microsd card i can put the bootloader on?

Come on, you ask if there is any projects going on, and then you as "What do you need to play it with? How the hell would anyone know that when there is no progress made yet. Damn, I dont post often, and I dont really get annoyed often. But come on, please think before you post.

Anyway, boys and girls, just relax and wait for news to come. If you cant find a post around here that gives you a hint that this is playable, its not playable.

Edit: Spelling (too annoyed when typing)

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
smile.gif

wink.gif

so where's the dumper? if that was the case, you'd be seeing alot more dumped images out there.

It wasn't a game it was a Wii channel.....

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's the same story as with gamecube discs, they have a barcode on the discs which you cannot burn with a normal dvd burner. just look at your original games and you can see it under a light.

we'll have to wait for an exploit or a modchip...

Chanser

:o
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could this maybe a slight advancment in order to play backup wii games?
http://us.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp...p=23&i=9055&s=8

that can help us bootloader wise...
Ummm.... That's a GCN Freeloader rebranded to promote Wii support. It doesn't help at all. Action Replay helps more than that. As for a Wii Freeloader, well no clue there but they will likely not help either.

However I do agree that Datel has helped QUITE a bit with running "homebrew" on many consoles and handhelds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work