Wifo router problem

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ZeroTm, Dec 18, 2009.

Dec 18, 2009

Wifo router problem by ZeroTm at 3:22 AM (772 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ZeroTm
    OP

Member ZeroTm GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hello tempers,

I bought a new wi-fi router from linksys but I can't set it up.
    I've plugged everything like it is supposed to be but I don't get any connection, neither ethernet nor wifi. My laptop is getting the signal but no connection. I using a motorola surboard with a realtek router my ISP installed.
    I think that the modem is making troubles with the wireless router I bought but I got no idea how to configure it.

2. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    If you have DSL and a separate modem, you should look for an option on your modem called 'bridged mode'. Select that, then plug your modem into the wan port of your linksys router.

Depending on your isp and setup you may have to put your username and password into the linksys. Hope this helps.

3. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    Otherwise, a manual should come with it, and theres a link you put in the webbrowser that takes you into your routers settings, and you may need to alter stuff in there!

4. ZeroTm
    OP

Canada
    But i don't know where to change this settings of modem. Guess I have to look around a bit.

5. ZeroTm
    OP

Canada
    Ok I got no manual from the router and I got no idea how to set the modem into the bridge mode. My modem is the motorola modem SB 5102.

6. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    In windows open up a command prompt and type ipconfig, while you have just the motorola modem connected. A bunch of text will come up. Look for something called 'default gateway'. It should have an ip address there for the default gateway. An example would be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254

Whatever ip address it has type it into a web browser. Hopefully that should get you into at least the modem config page. I'm not familiar with the layout of the SB5102 config page, so you may have to do a bit of digging to find the bridge mode option. Try looking to see if there is an 'advance tab' and a 'PPP Location' tab.