Misc WiFi Tournament Poll

Would you participate in these tournaments?

• Yes, when it's convienent.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I'd come to watch.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

El Blacksheep

OP
Trophies
Website
tryorke.no-ip.info
XP
Country
United States
gbatemp-wifinight.png

Intro
As many of you may (or may not) be aware of, GBATemp hosts a weekly WiFi night every Friday (come participate!) in #GBATemp-WiFi on the IRC network. This channel isn't just for this one event; it's open 24/7 for anybody who wants to play some WiFi games with other tempers. However, we've noticed the channel stays pretty idle for 6 days of the week. Sonicslasher, the organizer of this event, and I were discussing this and we had the idea of hosting tournaments all week long to help promote WiFi friday, and the WiFi room in general.

Here's how it works:
Each day there would be a different game played (Saturday might be Pokemon, Sunday might be Metroid Prime, etc..). Anybody who wants to participate in the tournament would show up to the IRC channel and contact whoever is in charge of the tournament (so if I were running a Mario Kart tournament on Tuesday at 6:00, you would come to the channel sometime before 6:00 to enter.) Depending on the games played, we would then setup brackets and get the tournament started.

The tournament would run until finally two participants remain; these two will then play their head-to-head match on Friday during WiFi night, along with the other championship matches from the other tournaments. Entry is free, so come and compete for fun or for bragging rights.

So what is this thread for?
Well, it's not official until we can be sure there will be interest in this! So please tell us your opinion on this whole thing! We especially want to know what games YOU want to play, so let your opinion be heard! If we can get enough people interested and this becomes big, there could be staff positions opening for Tournament Directors. So, if you're interested let us know, and help spread the word about #GBATemp-WiFi!

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I try to host tournaments, but I have no money, I'm trying through PrizeRebel
rolleyes.gif
So I never get anyone to join. I may join if school doesn't get in the way.

I would like Tetris.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.