Hardware Wifi adapter sometimes doesnt download stuff

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok, recently I bought a TP link adapter with an antenna on it because it would have better signal (because I'm 2 rooms away from my router).

When I bought it, it worked fine, perfectly even!

But now, it doesn't load webpages as fast as my previous adapter. It takes some seconds before, say, gbatemp pops up!
Now, I would automatically blame chrome, but then I opened task manager and simultaneously opened gbatemp, it didn't even receive a single kilobyte for a few seconds.

What's going on?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two rooms down the hall would affect your range, that would in return affect your speed. GBATemp is being sluggish today, so there is slow down when browsing the site, you can check if other sites you visit load or not, long term you should invest in a mesh wifi.

Last edited by Hayato213,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, temp has been sluggish for me as well. this seems to be the case for several people due to the influx of double posts of the same message. I'm assuming the member didn't think the post went through, because it was taking too long. and, temp was down yesterday for a while.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly nothing wrong with your router. the router in my house is in my room (upstairs), and I usually don't lose connection unless I'm pulling out of the driveway. downstairs -- it's fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM