preslay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

Even though I got my R4 a week ago, i couldn't test it until today because I just got my micro sd's in. Anyways My R4DS could not be detected on the ds, it just went to the screen with picochat and download play etc., so I was frustrated. Anyways for some reason i just felt like turning it on while holding down the r4 catridge and as it turns out it worked. Unfortunately as soon as I release my finger and allow the spring to pop it back up slightly, the program stops running and my ds freezes.

So I was wondering if anyone had some sort of an idea for me to somehow keep the catridge down without the spring bringing it back up, or some other method they think might make the ds read the catridge. Or do you think I should just return it and wait another 2 weeks and hope the replacement they send me isn't faulty?

Thanks in advance

preslay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya my 3 games also slightly pop back up, but i thought that was normal? it's a very small pop up, it's not sticking out of the ds or anything like that

preslay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh ya also, I found 2 other people that seem to have this problem on the r4ds forum on their website, so I'm thinking it was this batch?

SkuiD87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah it's just a case of the connectors on your R4 not meeting the DS connectors. It happened to me once...I didn't panic bcoz I'd already used the R4 and it worked fine so I knew the thing wasn't faulty.

Try Just taking it out and putting it back in a few times first. It worked for me and I've not had the problem since. Make sure it clicks right into place before the spring loads it into place.

If not than just try the paper trick. That should definitely work...

preslay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
You could try reseating the pcb in the case. maybe it's loose or not quite in there right.

Yes I did try that about 3 times with no luck, but thanks for the advice.

QUOTEi think its a problem with the soring on the NDS itself try the paper trick

Even though I have no clue what that is, i'll use the search tool and try it out once i get back from class and update you all, also thanks for the advice!

N3CR0P57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think he meant "spring" not "soring"
And he's saying to wedge the cart into place with a piece of paper, to keep it from popping back up.
This is not a permanent solution though. I certainly wouldn't put up with it.
If cramming the cart into place several times doesn't fix it, I would try repositioning the PCB inside the shell, If that fails, I'd be returning it.

preslay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a feeling I did the paper trick incorectly, but ya it will be frustrating to do it every single time.

I have placed the catridge in about 40+ times and still no luck, and i have opened up the shell and replaced the chip thing (sorry don't know the terminology) about 4 times, and also tried it twice on the black casing. I think my last hope is to try my friend's extra shell incase for some reason it was the shells that were manufactured slightly incorectly instead of the chip, and if not I shall return it.

Thank you all for your help though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol