Homebrew Widescreen not working on Twilight

stellarr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've been trying to do the Widescreen patch for Twilight and DS games. However, I've tried three times already with no luck. I don't know what I'm doing wrong as I'm following every single step. I used Godmode9 to get the bin file, rename it, run wide.bat and put the file in TwlBg file in the specified folder. I also made sure that Luma's external firms and modules is enabled.

Twilight also has the 16:9 option, selected. The steps are easy, so what could be causing the games not to boot with the widescreen option? I tried with all the pokemon games to no luck, so I'd appreciate some light into the problem

Edit: got it working after placing boot.firm in my sd root. turned out i didn't have it and my emunand never asked for it, weird

Last edited by stellarr,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to do the Widescreen patch for Twilight and DS games. However, I've tried three times already with no luck. I don't know what I'm doing wrong as I'm following every single step. I used Godmode9 to get the bin file, rename it, run wide.bat and put the file in TwlBg file in the specified folder. I also made sure that Luma's external firms and modules is enabled.

Twilight also has the 16:9 option, selected. The steps are easy, so what could be causing the games not to boot with the widescreen option? I tried with all the pokemon games to no luck, so I'd appreciate some light into the problem

Edit: got it working after placing boot.firm in my sd root. turned out i didn't have it and my emunand never asked for it, weird
huh same exact problem here
which boot.firm?
edit: I have boot.firm on the root and it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma's boot.firm
Also, make sure the ROM is compatible with widescreen, and that it's not a ROM hack.
Yeah, I tried NSMB DS. It's DEFINITELY supposed to work, right? It has a patch for A2DE, etc.
Pity there isn't an easy way to just apply it to any ROM. (I know that's nigh impossible- I just kinda wish there was. *shrug*)
Edit: No, I am not asking or basically-asking. I'm just contemplating lol.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I tried NSMB DS. It's DEFINITELY supposed to work, right? It has a patch for A2DE, etc.
Pity there isn't an easy way to just apply it to any ROM. (I know that's nigh impossible- I just kinda wish there was. *shrug*)
Edit: No, I am not asking or basically-asking. I'm just contemplating lol.
You need to patch the ROM with the linked xdelta patch.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to patch the ROM with the linked xdelta patch.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that makes sense
I just didn't expect that since almost everything else autopatches (and yes I turned on the setting in Luma and whatnot)
Btw, how difficult is it to make a patch? If it isn't very hard, do you think you could make one for the English fan translation of Puyo Puyo 20th? (Yes, I know, I'm practically obsessed with this one game lol)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that makes sense
I just didn't expect that since almost everything else autopatches (and yes I turned on the setting in Luma and whatnot)
Btw, how difficult is it to make a patch? If it isn't very hard, do you think you could make one for the English fan translation of Puyo Puyo 20th? (Yes, I know, I'm practically obsessed with this one game lol)
The game is 2D, so chances of a patch are low.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone