Hacking Why Zelda?

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo said:
Yea, I've been accused of the Rambling thing. Guilty as charged.

I just gotta believe there's somebody in your area that you can contact who has a copy of it. Unless I'm grossly overestimating the number of people who have softmodded. But seeing how it's now missing from all the rental places sounds to me like there's a whole buncha softmodding going on it your area. I bet if you hang out at Blockbusters all day and ask everybody who comes in an looks at the Wii rentals if they have Twilight Princess, you'll find somebody who would have it and let you borrow it, by this method I think you could easily get your hands on a disc in no more than 5 or 6 months.

I would bet that the last 3 months has seen more sales and rentals of Twilight Princess than when it was new.

Would you give some stranger your newly purchased game?

D

Deleted User

Phratt said:
Lol, you ramble alot.

Anyways, I can take buses or whatever but the thing is, The most money I have is 10.84, I can't Spend money on Train and Bus like that. And I would definetly get lost tryin to walk across the Whole of Boston.

lol.....get money...sell some clothes on the street, or, get ure clothes rip em up a bit and sit on a street corner waiting for people to give you money...

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Phratt said:
Would you give some stranger your newly purchased game?

yes and no i was thinking about setting up a softmod kit and sd with hacks and hbc and donate my zelda then the way it works is i pay postage and send it to one person then they pay to send it to the next and so on ....it wouldnt bother me since im modded and can use a backup anyway but what buggs me is even if i donated my mint zelda disc sooner or later it wouldn't get sent on by some thieving idiot.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
theres always next christmas seriously WiiBlaster has a point save up and buy the game i doubt you will buy anymore once your modded

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Sahduk said:
Because zelda iz teh awsomu! No but seriously im a little tired of people only wanting zelda because of the hack, its an amazing game and people should really take the time to play it and enjoy it
happy.gif

but to answer your question, I have no idea.

Yeah I'm renting it installing HC then getting the backup loader to so i can burn it.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
was one of the biggest pieces of crap ive bought and i never needed the hack as im hardmodded the game just gets boring around halfway its just like any other medioka wii game watch the trailers and its always good

KennyLeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiisel said:
was one of the biggest pieces of crap ive bought and i never needed the hack as im hardmodded the game just gets boring around halfway its just like any other medioka wii game watch the trailers and its always good

Not to derail this thread any further - but yes...Zelda is ungodly boring. After OOT (and Majoras mask to a lesser extent) they've all been abysmal( cell shading...ugh)

Its a pity, too.

Good luck finding one - and I agree with the others - get out and find it. How old are you? Ask a friend/friend's parent or something

EndlessDiversity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Would you rather buy 1 ORIGINAL Zelda TP OR buy every game that you want to play?

if your choice is the last one then don't bother installing Homebrew,
if you like to use your homebrew then save up some money (e.g don't spend lunch money too much)
THEN go to shop and buy Zelda TP, its damn cheap now!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't believe you can't afford it.

i lost respect for people that have no effort to work to get money.
nothing come free in this world!

WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK
MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY
ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA
finally HOMEBREW

jspicher

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.coastalwebinnovations.com
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what the deal here is...
If you can't save up any money, and you dont have a job try this:
www.prizerebel.com it's a site where you earn points for filling out little surveys and offers once you have points you can trade them in for things like wii games, or amazon.com gift cards. It sucks; but these guys do in fact give you your prize if you earn enough points. I've done it before int he past for 20 wii points.

Regards,

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jspicher said:
Not sure what the deal here is...
If you can't save up any money, and you dont have a job try this:
www.prizerebel.com it's a site where you earn points for filling out little surveys and offers once you have points you can trade them in for things like wii games, or amazon.com gift cards. It sucks; but these guys do in fact give you your prize if you earn enough points. I've done it before int he past for 20 wii points.

Regards,

Nothing is better than this post of mine:

http://www.dietzelsupport.com/showthread.php?t=13938

Though, advertising isnt allowed, so just ignore that link
tongue.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looking on Google Maps for Somerville MA, there are more than just Blockbusters... so we all know the kids a liar now..

Google Maps
QUOTE said:
A
Blockbuster Video? - more info »
1 Porter Sq, Cambridge, MA? - (617) 547-6006?
1 review - Write a review
B
Blockbuster Video? - more info »
312 Mystic Ave, Medford, MA? - (781) 396-3447?
4 reviews - Write a review
"This was my first time to this particular location, and the employee was really ..."
C
Hollywood Video? - more info »
127 Main St, Medford, MA? - (781) 396-7380?
D
North End Video? - more info »
77 Newbern Ave, Medford, MA? - (617) 367-3533?
Write a review
E
Hollywood Express? - more info »
238 Elm St., Somerville, MA? - (617) 625-4900?
Category: Video Tapes & Discs-Renting & Leasing
"They said they could have the other episodes shipped to he Elm St. one in a ..."
F
Amazing Express? - more info »
423 Mystic Ave, Medford, MA? - (781) 391-7438?
Category: Video Tapes & Discs-Renting & Leasing
Write a review
G
Circuit City - Somerville? - more info »
65 Mystic Avenue, Somerville, MA? - (617) 623-3400?
Category: Video Tapes & Discs Sales & Rentals
3 reviews - Write a review
"This location had a great variety of products needed, though it was quite ..."
H
Main Street Video? - more info »
372 Mystic Ave, Somerville, MA? - (617) 628-5514?
Write a review
I
Palmer Video? - more info »
345 Broadway, Somerville, MA? - (617) 628-8282?
Write a review
J
West Coast Video? - more info »
519 Somerville Ave, Somerville, MA? - (617) 625-2281?
Write a review

If you'd like, i'll call around for you in the morning and find a copy of Zelda for ya!

Erizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well.... bite me.

I have a modded wii, and downloaded TP to install the homebrew channel... and i'm also playing zelda XD

Maybe... Tried eBay?
tongue.gif
Or the guy above me? XD

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer the original question...

It could be for a number of reasons:

1. As mentioned before it was an upgraded version of the GC version so it possibly had the same exploitable code in it

2. It is a popular game that would be easy for most people to find and a low chance of a recall/re-release

3. Might have been the only game that was available to them at the time

4. Just picked at random from the titles available at the time

And as for why there aren't there save exploits for other games. I believe that was already answered by gundalf when he said that he thinks there are contingent exploits but why let the Big N know about them if there is no need? They could possibly release a few save exploits for different games at the same time to launch an attack against the firmware updates but instead worked around the newly patched code to use the same exploit again.
smile.gif
Eventually there will be a real fix for the Zelda exploit and there will need to be saves for different games released.

AishunBao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit, you live in Somerville, haha, poor kid. Sucks that you don't have the money to buy the game.

I go to college in Somerville (Tufts) and I would help you out, but I'm on winter break and I don't feel like going out of my way to get back there just to help you. >_> I'd help you out in like mid-January if you can wait that long.

My suggestion is just save up money and buy the game from GameStop or something. If you live in Somerville, you can take the subway and go anywhere in the Boston area and buy Zelda. Shit, I didn't actually buy or rent mine; I borrowed someone's for over half a year and still have it... >_>

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cracker said:
1. As mentioned before it was an upgraded version of the GC version so it possibly had the same exploitable code in it

It's not an upgraded version, both versions were developed as one game with only 2 differences: the controls and they are mirror inverted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1