Bcrossgba2019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello friends,

I've been trying to get Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 working with PS2 Placeholder/ Manager.
I transferred the game to my PS3 external HDD and found it in PS2 Classic Manager and tried to load it and it said I needed to encrypt the game, So I did, However when I try to make the game active and load it I keep getting the same error message that goes something like this; "An unexpected error has occurred, cannot copy files.

So I downloaded PS2 Classic UI application for Windows and tried encrypting it using their tool but that didn't work I still get the same error saying it needs to be encrypted and unexpected error when I do encrypt it. So I made it a .pkg file using this application and installed it onto my PS3 and it showed up under the Games tab of my ps3 but then when I try and run it it says copyright information invalid or something like that. Can someone please help me get this working! I really, really wanna play this game with my friend. Any information that might help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Sincerely. Brandon.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends,

I've been trying to get Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 working with PS2 Placeholder/ Manager.
I transferred the game to my PS3 external HDD and found it in PS2 Classic Manager and tried to load it and it said I needed to encrypt the game, So I did, However when I try to make the game active and load it I keep getting the same error message that goes something like this; "An unexpected error has occurred, cannot copy files.

So I downloaded PS2 Classic UI application for Windows and tried encrypting it using their tool but that didn't work I still get the same error saying it needs to be encrypted and unexpected error when I do encrypt it. So I made it a .pkg file using this application and installed it onto my PS3 and it showed up under the Games tab of my ps3 but then when I try and run it it says copyright information invalid or something like that. Can someone please help me get this working! I really, really wanna play this game with my friend. Any information that might help would be greatly appreciated.

If hen

Make account
Dump act
Use rebug ps2 launcher

Works here.

If cfw all you need is .iso nothing else.

For anyone thats needs help with this please let us know if your on HAN/HEN/CFW as this helps us help you.

Ohmlord

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Use PS2Classics_GUI.exe
-Open it
-Choose the folder icon on the right side the open your "game example".ISO
-Click Encrypt
(Add LING might come up i'm pretty sure you just add it)
-It will load and the show where you will like to output the new file

The file name though will be "ISO.BIN.ENC.BIN.ENC" with no game name to it, delete the "ISO.BIN.ENC" leaving only ".BIN.ENC"
Before this write you're game name "game example.BIN.ENC" and save to a location

Find the game cover art in .JPG format and do a quick simple resizing with Windows using any software (probably just like profile picture if you're just viewing it with WebbMann)

Now you have you're "game example.BIN.ENC" and "game example.JPG"
Put them into you're "PS2ISO" folder on you're USB
or transfer it to the one on you're HDD
Now if you refresh the games listing in Webbmann it should show up eventually.

I'm very new to this also and I'm just trying to figure this out on my own so I'm no wizard I hope this helps
Goodluck and Goodluck with figuring out the memory cards. :hateit:
Hello friends,

Last edited by Ohmlord,

Ohmlord

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've encountered a similar problem. In general, ps2 pkg files are installed and played just fine. However, I haven't been able to play my ISO.ENC.BIN games using Ps2 Placeholder. I mount them through WebmanMod and it says the game have been correctly mounted. Alas, when I select ps2p I don't see any preview image and upon booting, all I can play is Tetris (if anything at all). I have checked the compatibility list and the games should be OK. BTW I'm on Hen 4.89 in a super slim model.
Encrypting with PS2Classics.GUI
Have you tried just having it "GAME NAME.ENC.BIN" deleting the .ISO

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Use PS2Classics_GUI.exe
-Open it
-Choose the folder icon on the right side the open your "game example".ISO
-Click Encrypt
(Add LING might come up i'm pretty sure you just add it)
-It will load and the show where you will like to output the new file

The file name though will be "ISO.BIN.ENC.BIN.ENC" with no game name to it, delete the "ISO.BIN.ENC" leaving only ".BIN.ENC"
Before this write you're game name "game example.BIN.ENC" and save to a location

Find the game cover art in .JPG format and do a quick simple resizing with Windows using any software (probably just like profile picture if you're just viewing it with MultiMann)

Now you have you're "game example.BIN.ENC" and "game example.JPG"
Put them into you're "PS2ISO" folder on you're USB
or transfer it to the one on you're HDD
Now if you refresh the games listing in Multimann it should show up eventually.

I'm very new to this also and I'm just trying to figure this out on my own so I'm no wizard I hope this helps
Goodluck and Goodluck with figuring out the memory cards. :hateit:
Memory cards for ps1 and ps2 are in upper game column. Make one for each and done.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Memory cards for ps1 and ps2 are in upper game column. Make one for each and done.
memory cards for ps2 classics are not done by memory card management. that's only for iso or discs. those are in dev_hdd0/savedata/vmc or something like that iirc while ps2 classics are in dev_hdd/home/ . each encrypted game comes with two encrypted memory cards. I don't know if this has somehow changed with hen or cfw, but the memory cards are identical to the ones you can created, just encrypted. the normal memory cards are vmc while these are vme.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1660139611095.png

yep, that's the correct location. vm1 is ps1 and vm2 is ps2 obviously. ;) ps2 classics are:

1660139699655.png

there's a separate folder for each game, and since I don't game on the ps3 at all, I just have the placeholder's for when it was needed for cfw. the folder after home will be unique. it's your user id, which increases by 1 with each new user. it can't be reset except with a NOR console, and only by formatting on the pc. formatting on the ps3 will not reset it.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
memory cards for ps2 classics are not done by memory card management. that's only for iso or discs. those are in dev_hdd0/savedata/vmc or something like that iirc while ps2 classics are in dev_hdd/home/ . each encrypted game comes with two encrypted memory cards. I don't know if this has somehow changed with hen or cfw, but the memory cards are identical to the ones you can created, just encrypted. the normal memory cards are vmc while these are vme.
I dont bother with classics, way to slow installing pkgs and ftp smokes that in terms of speed. Reminds me of the han days with slow ps3 installs. I tend to always go with the best methods on all console I work on.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont bother with classics, way to slow installing pkgs and ftp smokes that in terms of speed. Reminds me of the han days with slow ps3 installs.
yeah, ps3 downloads slow as shit from psn too. a 7GB game or so takes like 3 hours to download and install, plus psn downloads are in those shitty bubbles, so you have to install them manually. it's like those presents on the 3ds. no idea why sony thought that was necessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1