Hacking Why wont it play?!

kennyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBAtemp, I recently purchased a ds linker and added pokemon diamond and mario kart ds. When I try to play, the top screen says "the data could not be read. please turn off the power," blah blah blah. how do I play the games?! thx for replies
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

kennyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change the sav type.

unfortunately that doesnt work
frown.gif

Really? If it doesn't read the save game data then the usual suspect is an incorrect save type. Does this happen with all games or just the 2 that were mentioned?

This is a long shot, but try downloading the rom from a different site.
this happens to all games, actually to be precise, when i try to even load the game, it says unable to load data and restart (sorry castlevania
frown.gif
)

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It really sounds like a save problem. When you try to load a save that is in the wrong format for a game, it usually tells the user that the save is corrupt (in actual fact it is just read incorrectly, or along the lines of that, since the save is in a different size). So you have tried:

1. Switching save types (You press Select + L or R to change types when you hover over a game)
2. Trying a different source for roms

kennyman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changing save types and getting roms from romnation.net does not change the problem at all. does it have anything to do with the firmware? because i already updated over five times today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock