Why wont it play?!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kennyman, May 9, 2007.

1. kennyman
    OP

kennyman Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2007
    United States
    Hello GBAtemp, I recently purchased a ds linker and added pokemon diamond and mario kart ds. When I try to play, the top screen says "the data could not be read. please turn off the power," blah blah blah. how do I play the games?! thx for replies [​IMG]

2. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    Change the sav type.

3. kennyman
    OP

kennyman Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2007
    United States
    unfortunately that doesnt work [​IMG]

4. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    Really? If it doesn't read the save game data then the usual suspect is an incorrect save type. Does this happen with all games or just the 2 that were mentioned?

This is a long shot, but try downloading the rom from a different site.

5. kennyman
    OP

kennyman Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2007
    United States
    this happens to all games, actually to be precise, when i try to even load the game, it says unable to load data and restart (sorry castlevania [​IMG])

6. 4saken

Nov 28, 2006
    It really sounds like a save problem. When you try to load a save that is in the wrong format for a game, it usually tells the user that the save is corrupt (in actual fact it is just read incorrectly, or along the lines of that, since the save is in a different size). So you have tried:

1. Switching save types (You press Select + L or R to change types when you hover over a game)
    2. Trying a different source for roms

7. kennyman
    OP

kennyman Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2007
    United States
    Changing save types and getting roms from romnation.net does not change the problem at all. does it have anything to do with the firmware? because i already updated over five times today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice