Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Bluelaserman, Jan 7, 2010.
Do you agree or disagree with this Man?
Where's the video and/or text?
The youtube video isnt working, Help Guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8 is the Link
Thanks, I never knew that was the way to do it >.
I agree with this man.
I thought it was fucking hilarious. The only thing I don't agree on is that turn based sucks,I love turn based.
I dont agree fully with what hes saying but the man has some good points.
Final Fantasy has it's moments somewhere. I can't find them.
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!! I HATED FINAL FANTASY BEFORE I HATE NOW AND I ALWAYS WILL HATE IT!!!
I agree 220%
it's decent, but not worth devoting a thousand billion hours into
I think this is partly a joke.
in other words, this guy's just trollin' for laughz
I actually rofl'd.
If anyone takes this guy seriously than you're just a dipshit. He's joking completely, retards. If you're really going to take a guy wearing a tux shirt seriously while he's talking about a scorpion shooter lasers out of its ass, you shouldn't use IGN.com, or the rest of the internet for that matter.
That being said, I was crying when he went on about how FF characters look like chicks. "If Sam Fisher goes into a bar with me, he's getting a beer. If Cloud Strife is getting a drink at a bar, bam! A cocktail! BING! PINKY UP!"
(Yes, that was poorly paraphrased).
Final Fantasy was good back in the day, but nowadays there's no real reason for it. The core mechanics are some of the best gameplay mechanics in the world, but so many other games have taken these great mechanics and made them better than Final Fantasy ever has. Final Fantasy is the staircase to a hall of great RPGs: it leads you there but it's not actually there itself.
This was highly entertaining. He was spot on with the male chars looking like females. It's not only FF though, check the main character in Rune Factory 3.
This guy would not enjoy the Phoenix Wright series
I don't care, because this was funny. I will still play FF games; I don't really care if he was serious anyway (because I don't like FF THAT much). Plus, this guy is only kidding.
To bring out my inner fanboy, I saw an IGN clip on Youtube giving a low blow to Metal Gear Solid. Watch:
Just to be a little clearer, I don't care when people make fun of FF, but I do care when they make fun of MGS (only a little lol).
i lol'd at that video. I don't care what people say about Final Fantasy. I play it still. But there is just better stuff out there....
*sighs* I dislike Final Fantasy, but most of his arguments are completely stupid. The only one that KINDA makes sense is the ambiguous gender issues. Even then, it ain't that hard to figure out. And about the beer thing: Not every male likes beer, moron. Now that's not to say having a cocktail and having your pinky out would be manly...or even normal...it'd be rather weird, actually...so nevermind on that.
About the characters being for each game, I kind of agree, but at the same time I don't. Many game series do that. Pokemon, Megaman(to an extent...(I'm looking at you, Zero.)), Final Fantasy, and a lot of others. Stop being a little prick about it.
The turn-based thing. What part of "IT IS A VIDEO GAME" does he not understand? NOTHING in real life fighting is going to be turn-based. It's impossible. Hence why it's just a game. Real Life != Video Game. Someone email that to him. Don't like it? Don't play it. Simple as that.
This video does tell me something (un)important though. He's the very kind of male I hate. Hornier then a spiked turtle shell, and stupider then a rock.
But...oh wait...this IGN. I've come to expect that from them.
Know what, when I'm downing a shot of absinthe with vodka, you damn right I'm tougher than a pussy drinking beer that has to get up to piss every three fucking minutes.
Ohhh, time for a rebuttal. Being a huge Final Fantasy fan since... FF7 a long while back, I got counterpoints:
1. You want real-time fighting? You want characters to re-appear in more than one game? Moogles re-appear, as do Chocobos. The name Cid is in every FF game to my knowledge, although his persona changes. Bahamut is in them all. Leviathan is in many, if not all. And like I said about real-time fighting, Dissidia: Final Fantasy. Enough said.
2. All the characters look like girls? And one of them being Sephiroth? Come on, Sephiroth looks like one of the most badass characters straight out of Japan. So this guy is too into ATV Offroad Fury and Mortal Kombat. He doesn't understand the Japanese anime-style characters. Some may look like girls in the artwork, but you easily tell their gender throughout the games. And Cloud Strife wouldn't have a cocktail either, he'd probably just say "not interested" or cut you in half if you pissed him off enough.
3. You don't want to read the text? Don't care for a good story with your game? Then like I said, go play some lame-ass racing game or fighter where there's no reading and no storyline. RPGs are mainly for people who want to have a good story with their game. Tell me one RPG that doesn't have a good story. One. (Dude probably doesn't want to read the text because he CAN'T read.)
4. Don't like turn-based fighting? Sure a huge monster wouldn't really wait for you to choose to case a magic spell, but a huge monster wouldn't exist period. Most RPGs are about strategy, not mindless button-mashing like real-time fighting games like Mortal Kombat or UFC or .
5. If you don't want to watch cutscenes, don't play video games. Sorry, but most good video games (that includes more than RPGs - Gears of War, anyone?) have long, beautiful cutscenes.
6. The scene where Aerith gets killed in FF7 may not have made me cry, but it really is a sad moment. C'mon, the mood is tragic, the music is tragic, the way she dies is tragic. Playing through the first disc, READING THE STORY that concerns her, you get sort of an attachment to her like you would get attached to some other character in a book or a movie. Then she's gone, just like that, to one of the biggest badass villains in the history of RPGs. Try to tell me that's not tragic.
7. Yeah, cosplayers are hot. That's the only thing I agree with this guy on.
8. This guy seems like the kind of douche who wouldn't know what to do with a girl in the first place if she pulled down her pants in front of him.
You know what this guy reminds me of?
Whew, glad that's off my chest. And for the record, I'm not a little nerd. I'm actually making something of myself - I'm going to college and hopefully working for a Saskatchewan government company when I graduate. This guy better get back to McDonald's, I think his break's over.
Final Fantasy - best RPG series ever made.
..:: Activating protective flame shield now ::..