Homebrew Why use JK's save manager with CFW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
Open FBI, go to Titles -> (the game you want the save from) -> Browse Save Data -> <current directory> -> Copy all contents. Press B until you get back to the main menu. SD -> <current directory> -> Paste. If you want to keep things more organized, just do "New Folder -> (give it a name and open it) -> <current directory> -> Paste" instead of pasting in on the root of your SD card.

You can also get saves from NDS or DSi games with FBI, but instead of selecting "Browse Save Data", you have to select "Extract Save Data", and it will automatically make a folder called "fbi" on the root of your SD card with the saves inside.

Don't want to do all of that? Just install JKSM. That's why people use JK's save manager anyway.

Last edited by AntiMach,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not obsolete, and it has a nicer gui in my opinion. People make gba emulators when vc injection is a thing and people still use those including me.

RusN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you have CFW, you should have FBI. Just open it, go to Titles -> (the game you want the save from) -> Browse Save Data -> <current directory> -> Copy all contents. Press B multiple times until you get to the main menu. Next, go to SD -> <current directory> -> Paste. If you want to keep things more organized, just do "New Folder -> (give it a name and open it) -> <current directory> -> Paste" instead of pasting in on the root of your SD card.
You can also get saves from NDS or DSi games with FBI, but instead of selecting "Browse Save Data", you have to select "Extract Save Data", and it will automatically make a folder called "fbi" on the root of your SD card with the saves inside.

If you have CFW, you should have JKSM. Just open it, select SD/CIA select your game select save data options and select export save data.

Which one is easier now ?

AntiMach

OP
Trophies
Website
mach.bot.nu
XP
Country
Portugal
jksm is just much quicker than your whole ordeal.
and sometimes you want saves for like 20 games at once?
20 saves??? Don't you think that's a bit too much? And it's only a bit quicker, not "much quicker"

because fbi isnt trying to be some kind of savedatafiler replacement
It's a FEATURE! I just though it was simpler to use it.

EDIT: Nope... JKSM's much simpler... What was I thinking about???

Last edited by AntiMach,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
"Why do people use a save manager to manage their saves instead of a cia installer?"
Do you even realize how your question sounds?

EDIT: Exculding the fact that it's easier to use
> please don't use arguments when i'm trying to be right

For real though. Why do you use a9lh and not soundhax to boot your CFW? Because you could, but a9lh is better at this. Same with JKSM vs FBI when it comes to save management.

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
"Why do people use a save manager to manage their saves instead of a cia installer?"
Do you even realize how your question sounds?

> please don't use arguments when i'm trying to be right

For real though. Why do you use a9lh and not soundhax to boot your CFW? Because you could, but a9lh is better at this. Same with JKSM vs FBI when it comes to save management.

This^

EventAssistant

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Every application should do ONE thing, and should do it very good, to be useful. FBI does everything and good, too, but sticking with a standalone application to handle saves is better. JKSM does the work for you and it's more clean, because it has a built-in list of titles to not show to the user, because they not have save datas at all (for examplemost hb applications). This means it's way easier to find the game you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.