Hacking Why isn't there a community made backup loader project yet?

Idaho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know we have LayeredFS but it's not meant for that use and it has a lot of inconveniences, some games won't run properly or won't save...etc.

I think we should have a real xci loader and I wonder why nothing was announced about this, are there technical limitations that wouldn't allow this yet? are people afraid of legal troubles? are people uninterested in developing such a tool?

I'm mostly here to collect plausible explanations and not to complain so if you post in here just to tell me to stop complaining and buy an SX dongle you can just leave...

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Getzabelz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Because the pros in the scene either call for moral issues about it and others just wants a lot of attention and they don't just stick in doing a good job but about bragging and creating some drama.

Just look at last Rei's video, just showing a spash screen and saying he's made a CFW. A CFW that does nothing at all but show an image when booting the console.

D

Deleted-442439

Because the pros in the scene either call for moral issues about it and others just wants a lot of attention and they don't just stick in doing a good job but about bragging and creating some drama.

Just look at last Rei's video, just showing a spash screen and saying he's made a CFW. A CFW that does nothing at all but show an image when booting the console.

Oh lordy.

The scene is still very young, the foundations are still being built. LayeredFS is not even done, telemetry patches are not done, and userland Horizon patches have not even been discussed yet.

We don't have hardware acceleration, and we don't have a bunch of other things either.

People need to be patient, the devs are working on the more important stuff first, the stuff end users don't really notice but are incredibly valuable, to get emulators, mods and backup loading working.

The scene seems to be forgetting that Fusse Gelee was not even supposed to be disclosed before june 15th, we are lucky to have the amount of stuff we do already.

Last edited by ,

0x64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because we live in a fast paced age...Nobody has time to sit down and actually spend time do to something interesting.

Reactions: Idaho

Ex.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
exentio.sexy
XP
Country
Italy
I wonder why every single thread on this damn forum is about rumors, speculations, attempts to be some kind of official news reporter, people whinin against devs, and people that hates search engines and makes the same threads over and over again. The only reason why we don't have backup loaders and CFWs yet (except for Brick OS) is because devs actually care about writing decent code that works, because otherwise it would brick your console and you'd whine like a little baby and insult them. Have some patience or buy SX OS. And if I know this stuff, is because I did some research instead of opening countless threads. My level and messages number don't increase, but at least I don't flood the forum with useless threads

Last edited by Ex.,

snails1221

LOVE EVERYONE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure?
Yes, I'm more than just sure

I wonder why every single thread on this damn forum is about rumors, speculations, whining against devs, and people that hates search engines and makes the same threads over and over again. The only reason why we don't have backup loaders and CFWs yet (except for Brick OS) is because devs actually care about writing decent code that works, because otherwise it would brick your console and you'd whine like a little baby and insult them. Have some patience or buy SX OS. And if I know this stuff, is because I did some research instead of opening countless threads. My level and messages number don't increase, but at least I don't flood the forum with useless threads
It's "that time" when a homebrew scene goes mainstream and a bunch of people join to ask one question and or pollute the forum with inaccurate answers.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one will be able to do backup loading like team xecuter. They know what they're doing. These guys are months ahead of the game

So glad I bought my sx os and pro

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why every single thread on this damn forum is about rumors, speculations, attempts to be some kind of official news reporter, people whinin against devs, and people that hates search engines and makes the same threads over and over again. The only reason why we don't have backup loaders and CFWs yet (except for Brick OS) is because devs actually care about writing decent code that works, because otherwise it would brick your console and you'd whine like a little baby and insult them. Have some patience or buy SX OS. And if I know this stuff, is because I did some research instead of opening countless threads. My level and messages number don't increase, but at least I don't flood the forum with useless threads
Hekate says hi. SX OS is only worth it if you're pirating.

snails1221

LOVE EVERYONE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one will be able to do backup loading like team xecuter. They know what they're doing. These guys are months ahead of the game

So glad I bought my sx os and pro
SX os is going to get done quicker because they're actually getting paid to develop it rather than doing it as a side hobby.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX os is going to get done quicker because they're actually getting paid to develop it rather than doing it as a side hobby.
Still a fact that they're way ahead of the game
Hopefully they add more features to their payload like nand backup and stuff

0x64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol a backup loader won't brick your device...We don't have it because
1. The devs themselves don't need it
2. Most devs have this sort of sjw image and don't want it to touch anything piracy related
3. It's not easy. Making a robust working solution takes a lot of time which they aren't willing to put in for free.
And hell...Let's be honest. It's not a backup loader...it's a fking rom loader. At least for 99.999% of people. Geez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning