Homebrew Why isnt it possible to hack the dsi?

alejolink11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so ive heard that noone yet has been able to crack the dsi.
Thats why we only have DS/DSL homebrew workin on it...
why is that?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is possible. It's just that nobody cares. The homebrew community doesn't benefit from having access to the DSi hardware, so there's not really any effort going into hacking the DSi.

It has already been hacked BTW (not to the extent that regular users would find useful, but still).

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
YayMii said:
It is possible. It's just that nobody cares. The homebrew community doesn't benefit from having access to the DSi hardware, so there's not really any effort going into hacking the DSi.

It has already been hacked BTW (not to the extent that regular users would find useful, but still).

Are you sure nobody cares ? It just seems to me more like a lame excuse to avoid saying " we can't, Nintendo IS smarter then us ".
Sure some exploit have been found, but it's a long way to go.
And why shouldn't people care anyway ? Sure it might seem that all you get is a camera and a better screen, that we really shouldn't bother with.
But in the end there is extra memory , slightly faster processor ( or higher clock speed if you wanna put it that way ), and an SD card slot !
Can you imagine the possibilities ?
As of now, some excellent homebrew or emulators could really improve a lot just by having more ram and more speed, let alone an SD card slot for conveniently store all your files and easily transfer them to the PC ( there is a fantastic MSX emulator that could really use a tiny boost in speed to be just perfect for example, and SNES emulation would be much better as well with more memory and speed )!
Keep dreaming that ' nobody cares '.
I care, a lot of people actually care, but still it ain't an easy task.
People these days hack everything just for the hack of it ( no pun intended ), so if there was an easy way to hack the DSi, the benefit would be pretty huge as well, but the fact that we still can't do that has nothing to do with hackers being busy and not really care.
I'm sure somebody tried hard already but the result aren't quite satisfying.
So please, QUIT SAYING NOBODY CARES !

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:
Okay, how about this?

Nobody who can actually hack shit gives a flying fuck.

If only it were possible to "Like" comments.
bow.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it's not the hacking community who will hack it, it's the flash cart teams. And there's a profit to be made despite whatever misgivings you may have about the DSi (sales are actually very high).
So yeah, it seems that the flash cart teams couldn't figure out how to bypass the anti-piracy, and that's why there are no DSi-mode flash carts. If no one cared about the DSi, then they wouldn't have even bothered to release the semi-DSi flash carts.
Is is possible for a hacker to crack the DSi AP? Maybe, but we don't even know if they tried.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
bluelaserman said:
_Chaz_ said:
Okay, how about this?

Nobody who can actually hack shit gives a flying fuck.

If only it were possible to "Like" comments.
bow.gif

That's crap from a child.

Of course people care.

There are some brilliant DSiWare games out there.

Have a look at Metacritic. If you know what that is...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds

There are a lot of DSiWare games in the top ratings.

It's simply not possible rigt now. That's it. Get over it.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Hacking DSi mode, and running pirated DSiware, are 2 different things entirely. Even if they get DSi only ROMs to run, DSiware is a whole 'nother obstacle to tackle.

The point is, as far as DSi cart games go, there really isn't anything to get excited about at all, if we are even to the point of running commercial DSi ROMs

@yuyuyup: Great, go ahead and do that. Maybe you'll see how much effort it takes, an you'll realize how much YOU really don't give a shit. Is that ironic? you be the judge.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I DO give a shit cause I wanna take pix with the god damn camera without the god damn light/shutter sound. I'll hax the DSI and then travel to the house of every single hacker in the world and beat the shit out of them ala "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back."

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The pirate market would probably be an ironic place for a conspiracy, but with the flashcart market at stake, those who dedicate serious manpower and resources to professionally hack consoles aren't gonna touch the idea of sending a bogus firmware update to the DSi that will allow booting software off the SD slot without any need for people buying flashcarts. Remember that to a market piracy is theft, wether you're robbing the official company or the pirates themselves.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A lot of people care if the DSi was fully hacked :|
Homebrew apps/games using the camera (motion sensing too
tongue.gif
)..
Free DSi Ware (a lot of the prices are rip offs
tongue.gif
)

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread sums up the reason the DSi hasn't been hacked fully, people dont know that it has been hacked to us the DSi wireless chip in DSi mode. However, most aren't aware of the exploit and therefore it isn't expanded on

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
btyre said:
This thread sums up the reason the DSi hasn't been hacked fully, people dont know that it has been hacked to us the DSi wireless chip in DSi mode. However, most aren't aware of the exploit and therefore it isn't expanded on
Anyone who MATTERS knows of the exploit.
People who can't do squat with it are the ones who want a hack.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's being worked on. DSi ware has been dumped and there's a homebrew channel now. Just remember how many years it took to hack the PS3, dump the GBC bios, of decrypt Neogeo games.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Crazzy1 said:
A lot of people care if the DSi was fully hacked :|

No one cares.
Crazzy1 said:
Homebrew apps/games using the camera (motion sensing too
tongue.gif
)..

Are you idiot? It seems yes.
QUOTE(Crazzy1 @ Oct 3 2010, 05:58 PM)
tongue.gif
)

Great. You want kill small developer groups who launch games for DSiWare. Just great
glare.gif

And for the information of the guy who created this thread to play DS Games with DSi features. Actually, we can run homebrew in DSi Mode: http://davejmurphy.com/dsi-mode-homebrew-anyone/

But there isn´t interest.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
Crazzy1 said:
tongue.gif
)

Great. You want kill small developer groups who launch games for DSiWare. Just great
glare.gif
If they can afford Nintendo's Licensing fees for the dev kits, they're not 'small developer group(s)'.

Juanmatron said:
And for the information of the guy who created this thread to play DS Games with DSi features. Actually, we can run homebrew in DSi Mode: http://davejmurphy.com/dsi-mode-homebrew-anyone/

But there isn´t interest.
There IS interest, but that exploit (and the previous one) require you to buy a retail game that not many people have interest in. And until that recent WiFi exploit was uncovered, the injected code had to be very small. The injected code is STILL relatively small, but significantly bigger than it was before.

QUOTE(Pliskron @ Oct 3 2010, 12:25 PM)
there's a homebrew channel now
Got a link for this?
I fear the flood of noob posts when doing a google search for "DSi Homebrew Channel".

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO the DSi games are the biggest shovelware nonsense. There may be one or two decent games, but if I knew how to hack it, I wouldn't waste my time.

If anything, I hope they hack the XBOX 360 Arcade so it can be played on the PC. It would be nice to play the new Castlevania without having to buy a console.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
What's with all this retarded justification for DSi NOT to be hacked ? ? ? Quit making excuses for these lazy idiot hackers
Think of a bunch of words that'll get me suspended... then add a 'you' at the end and pretend I said them.

And what exactly have YOU done, other than be useless and call people idiots?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a