Hacking Why Is The Rumble In Metroid Pinball Greyed Out?

MysteryousTravel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this on the EZFlash forum too and some one suggested I try asking here.

I've done as much research as I could and tried everything to get the rumble working on Metroid Pinball but the rumble still doesn't work. I have a AK2 and 3in1+.

I've done all of the following:

Installed the latest AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper
Formatted my 8g SDHC card with Panasonic SDHC formatter 2.0
Gone to the AKAIO menus for the games and turned the rumbles on and off
Read the wikis for the EZ Flash and AK2 setups
Tried patching with 3in1 rumble patch even though I probably didn't have to
Tried 2 versions of the game (EU) and (US), still rumble is greyed out on both games

Does anyone know why the rumble choice is greyed out in the options menu? I also can't seem to get the rumble working on Super Princess Peach either. The rumble rumbles when I am loading the game and when I change the rom/AKAIO settings, but after that, there is no rumble during game play.

What am I doing wrong or what have I NOT done?

Any help on this is most appreciated. I searched and searched the forums for answers to this problem but it seems like it may be unresolved. If anyone can share a step-by-step procedure on how they got their rumble to work for any of the rumble games (I would love for Super Princess Peach to work too), I would greatly appreciate that too.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
flash a game to nor atleast once so that the 3in1 is recognized.

after that i'm not sure what to suggest i don't own a 3in1+. perhaps the patching of the rom, which is not required, is causing the problem. try a clean dump?

-another world

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same setup and never have had the rumble work with any game will spin in the akaio when starting the games but do not work in any that I have tried.

I don't care for the rumble so I don't miss it.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure the 3in1 actually works? Have you tried playing a GBA game with it? Also, when you change the rumble settings and such in the menu, does the pack rumble? Because it worked fine for me. Didn't have to do anything special. Though, it doesn't seem to work for retail games...

MysteryousTravel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
flash a game to nor atleast once so that the 3in1 is recognized.

after that i'm not sure what to suggest i don't own a 3in1+. perhaps the patching of the rom, which is not required, is causing the problem. try a clean dump?

-another world

This may be relatively naive of me, I know you can run the GBA games in NOR, but can you do that with a NDS game? I'll try it and let you know what happens. Unfortunately, I can't do a clean dump - I'm stuck with what I have.

I have both patched versions of both games and unpatched versions. The patched versions don't work at all, meaning the games do not even load. It stalls and I have to turn the DS off and on. On the unpatched versions, the rumble does not work no matter what settings I apply.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
This may be relatively naive of me, I know you can run the GBA games in NOR, but can you do that with a NDS game? I'll try it and let you know what happens. Unfortunately, I can't do a clean dump - I'm stuck with what I have.

I have both patched versions of both games and unpatched versions. The patched versions don't work at all, meaning the games do not even load. It stalls and I have to turn the DS off and on. On the unpatched versions, the rumble does not work no matter what settings I apply.
You can't run a DS game on the NOR. Only GBA games. He meant you should flash a GBA game to NOR. Just download a GBA rom from somewhere and run it normally...it should work.

MysteryousTravel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played my GBA games and it seems to run fine. When I first turn on the DS, the main menu shows a GBA game option and I click on that and it loads a game (from memory?). Then I go to the akaio menu and choose a GBA game from there and it loads as well.

The rumble has rumbled for me but ONLY when I start a game and if I have changed the settings. Therefore, I am assuming the rumble pack does work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Im procrastinating