Hardware why is ps4 and psvr such a poorly designed POS?

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got a psvr the other day and have a ps4 fat which i got in February

now i just found out that there is no way to extend the PS camera cable beyond 13 feet
so now i am going to have to return the psvr to the store because i have a wall mounted TV
and built in wall shelf with my AVR and all of my consoles in it that is on another wall with all the cables running through the walls and attic

the 1st thing that pissed me off was no rear mounted USB ports on the ps4 so now i need to have unsightly wires hanging out the front of my console
i got the fat but the slim is the same and even the pro is not any better since it only has one rear mounted USB port and i found out that an external HDD needs to be in an actual USB port and can not be used with a USB hub so if you use an external HDD you still need to use the front ports

the psvr rats nest of wires would be bad enough but now having to have it plugged into the front USB port and with a hub too
and the fact that i can not even mount the camera on top of the TV because the cable can not be extended beyond 13 feet (and because the camera mount is a piece of shit that would not be able to secure the camera properly anyways)
makes this whole pile of shit completely useless to me
i do not want wires all over the fucking place and there is no way for me to hook it up with having cables running everywhere across the room

this whole system is a dumpster fire and sony will probably still put front mounted USB pots on the ps5 too just like they did with PS3 and PS4

i searched the internet and nobody can even solve this camera cable problem ,people have tried to extend the cable and failed every time

the camera should have been wireless to begin with but there should be a way to wire it beyond this ridiculously short length

i watched teardowns on the fat thinking maybe the USB ports were mounted on a daughter board and i could mod it to put the ports in back ,but nope they are soldered to the MB and it would be a major project to rework them to be rear mounted

VERY poorly designed F-

Last edited by weatMod,

Sparkss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an FYI that my Pro has a USB port in the back. Although that only speaks to part of your issues with the overall PSVR design.

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an FYI that my Pro has a USB port in the back. Although that only speaks to part of your issues with the overall PSVR design.
yeah i know it does
the only problem with that is that if you use an external HDD then you will still need to use the front USB ports
because the HDD needs it's own port and can not be used through a USB hub

yeah i am more concerned with the camera
i can't beleive someone has not figured out a way to extend the cable beyond 13 feet,
i mean it seems so simple but it's not
i keep on seeing threads that go back years and people posting in every few months asking if it's solved yet ,but nope

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?