Hacking Why I quit using Darkcorp

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
mauifrog said:
I have installed and uninstalled darkcorp for testing purposes, it has always worked without issue. I don't have many disks to test but it seems to do what is says it does and I have not noticed any issue to other apps. Currently v1.1 is installed and wiimc is running without issue.

I like having the system ios and ios36 dip patched, this allows disk recovery from RM if ever needed without a modchip. Not that it should ever be needed, but people do many stupid things putting them in such a position. I have never had any issue with this setup, and have not heard of any issues from others.

Many people complain about what ios are installed, and which are installed during the uninstall. Darkcorp is compatible with all wiis running any system menu and the versions used prevent many stupid brick types.

What I did was use dop-mii to install IOS36 to slot 45 with all patches and the highest version (65535) since nothing uses slot 45 except Korean games. I also took IOS30, 60, and 70 from cIOScorp and installed those with wad manager. Everything else is clean except for the usual IOSes above 200 (wanin/hermes).

s3phir0th115

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then again, on Wii's with newer updates, you have to at least have a bit of an idea on what you're doing to get a cIOS installed, let alone darkcorp.

But, the programs to help with that often aim to be user friendly.... So it might be a moot point.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Darkcorp = not having to go through different loaders to play games. It has very good compatibility and it doesnt really matter to me if it modifies the IOS's.

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its pretty lame. Much easier solution is to use neogamma. I installed it once. Didn't even load half my games without spitting out some error.

s3phir0th115

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lexip; said:
Its pretty lame. Much easier solution is to use neogamma. I installed it once. Didn't even load half my games without spitting out some error.

I don't think even the first backup launchers were THAT bad.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
XFlak said:
Darkcorp is a solution for the simple minded user, to simply insert a disc as if it were an original, and start the disc channel. For those users, there is nothing better than darkcorp.

A mod chip is better than darkcorp for that.

For a start it's possible to get full speed loading, while darkcorp is always going to be limited to stuttering cut scenes & slow loading.

I do have trouble believing that there are people who can cope with putting a disc in and then clicking start (or if the disc is in the drive when they turn on the Wii, clicking the disc channel ), navigating through options screens to finally play the game.

But they can't cope with always clicking on a channel, selecting a game from a list and then pressing a twice before navigating through the same options screens to play the game.

My gut feeling is that it's more down to cost. They don't want to pay to hack their Wii & they get DVD-r blanks cheap.

Complexity wise I'd rather install a mod chip than install darkcorp, but I guess if you don't understand the problems it can cause then you might see it differently.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't get some people. Are they mentaly challenged or what? "blah blah i use Crapcorp because i don't understand the tutorials for cIOS/Sneek/...". Didn't they go to elementary school and learned how to read and understand things lol?. Let's have a look at a part of the SNEEK/DI-tutorial:
QUOTE said:
3. Type "S" and hit enter.
4. Type "2" hit enter.
5. Click "Enter"
6. Click "Enter"
May anyone tell me why this seems to be to difficult for some people to understand?

Do they forget to breathe too?

purkinje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberty said:
I don't get some people. Are they mentaly challenged or what? "blah blah i use Crapcorp because i don't understand the tutorials for cIOS/Sneek/...". Didn't they go to elementary school and learned how to read and understand things lol?. Let's have a look at a part of the SNEEK/DI-tutorial:
QUOTE said:
4. Type "2" hit enter.
5. Click "Enter"
6. Click "Enter"
May anyone tell me why this seems to be to difficult for some people to understand?

+1

Agreed. You have to be pretty damn stupid to not be able to follow those instructions. Also, how complicated is it really to use a usb loader? All you need to do is pick a game from the list and click start.

I can sort of understand the argument that buying DVD-Rs is cheaper than getting a HD. However, it only takes a few seconds of thinking to realize the benefits of having all your games on a single HD instead of a massive binder of DVD-Rs. Factor in the slower load times and the numerous coasters from failed burns, and you need to be pretty stupid to choose disc loading over USB loaders.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Liberty said:
QUOTE said:
4. Type "2" hit enter.
5. Click "Enter"
6. Click "Enter"

lol, u gotta love how easy NUS Auto Downloader makes... pretty much everything, lol
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

s3phir0th115

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liberty said:
QUOTE said:
4. Type "2" hit enter.
5. Click "Enter"
6. Click "Enter"

Heh, you'd be surprised just how many people I know that'd have trouble following that tutorial.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
Heh, you'd be surprised just how many people I know that'd have trouble following that tutorial.
Thank you, you would all be surprised.

I don't want to name names, but if somebody is going to make/poke fun at the guide I made for NUSAD I will name the 4 individuals that PM'ed me asking how to use it and telling me they couldn't figure out how to get NUSAD to work for them even after I pointed it out to them. It's not my fault there are some of those kind of people here in this forum for lack of name calling. (#@$%TARDS)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ChokeD, I just want to clarify, I wasn't trying to hate on your guides... in fact, just having them there will help people realize NUSAD can be used to support sneek.

It's sad.... I've made NUSAD super user friendly, and u made this guide, and still some "#@$%TARDS" can't follow them. Its not your fault, nor mine... some people are just slow... thankfully the majority of users seem to be able to use NUSAD and follow ur guides successfully
biggrin.gif

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It can't be your fault. That's the world we are living in. There are average people, there are smart people and here are retards
laugh.gif

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I didn't mean to come across like that towards anyone directly, I'm just saying there are some people here that seriously need intensive help/care and that's all the more reason why some people would be WAY, WAY better off using DARKCORP than some other means of manually doing things to get stuff working and/or keep their Wii up to date. I can't even put in to words how I feel about at least 10 people that have been posting in the forums lately. Where do these people come from ?? Why are they here ?? The 1's that really piss me off are the 1's that say " I followed this guide "enter a different site here" and I need help with this because I screwed up step blah, blah, blah.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the thing is that not all of the people are interested in knowing how all of this stuff works, updates, new cIOSes, selecting diferent cIOSes, video patches, PAL'n NTSC etc etc etc, they just want to press A to start any game they want, that is why it is so complicated to understand all of this for them, same thing happens if your try to study ancient russian history...!!
biggrin.gif

s3phir0th115

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing I think it is, and I can say this as someone that's experienced in a variety of modding and other tech tasks, is that people simply want someone to do the learning/work for them, and often without any form of payment.

So, ChokeD, I didn't mean to insult your work if it came across that way. I think your guide is excellent, and I've used it myself due to the lack of documentation on the subject. But I can say for certain that there are a lot of people that would have NO IDEA how to go through it. It isn't your fault, it's their's.
smile.gif

I can't really tell you how many people have come to me asking for free tech support. It's unfortunate, but many people aren't willing to learn, regardless of how easy it is.

But, on the bright side, that makes it all the easier to get a job in the field.
smile.gif

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A shout out to everybody:

I really appreciate the kind words about me and the guide. I know that there are others that also get 5 to 10 PM's a week asking for help pertaining to "X" with "O" being a factor. I didn't mean to come across so defending but simply wanted to state my case. I believe I achieved that. Absolutely no hard or ill feelings toward anyone here.

I started using DARKCORP cause I was once a #$@%TARD and didn't want to ask questions and look stupid or get flamed while I learned in the background reading.
I stopped using DARKCORP when I got smart enough to get the job done on my own.

Others are just lazy, don't care, want disc channel, don't read enough to know there are other ways and don't care to read now that they got it like that, are not offered anything else on the site where they found DARKCORP(blog) or other means.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon