Why do some of my avatar/sig pics show up as 0kb?

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My Avatar and my images in my signagture all report a filesize of 0kb, no matter which computer I view them from.

Is this normal, I have them hosted on pix.gbatemp.net so would that explain anything. I've got a much nicer userbar animation with blur in and out effects, but it's about 1MB on my computer or greater, and I'd like to use it if possible.

If not I can just stick with my current not-so-fancy one.

I guess the question really is, do pictures in your signagtures hosted on pix.gbatemp.net count towards the maximum allowed limit?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not entirely sure why it is the case but if you right click-> view image and then image info on that.

As for the 1 meg image best not do that. The limits are more for our users with bandwidth limits and slower connections.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Nimbus said:
My Avatar and my images in my signagture all report a filesize of 0kb, no matter which computer I view them from.

Is this normal, I have them hosted on pix.gbatemp.net so would that explain anything. I've got a much nicer userbar animation with blur in and out effects, but it's about 1MB on my computer or greater, and I'd like to use it if possible.

If not I can just stick with my current not-so-fancy one.

I guess the question really is, do pictures in your signagtures hosted on pix.gbatemp.net count towards the maximum allowed limit?
I don't know either but . . .

edit:
nevermind, Fast's trick is easier, and your image size is 14kB btw.
tongue.gif

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Nimbus said:
Ick, well it looks like I wont be able to use that fancier version. It's not a full MB, but still is about 333 or so kb.

Pity I cant get it any smaller.
If you use an animated gif, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to fit it under 80kB if you don't use too many frames.

BTW, could you post this sig you want to use? Either I or somebody else may be able to whittle-down the file size.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eh it's ok, the only difference was that the fancy version had a really smooth fade effect (blend animation effect in the gimp), I couldn't get it to shift slow enough anyway at the time. I'll muck with it a bit as I saved a .xcf copy of it till I get it to be fancy and under the right filesize without looking like crap.

For now I'll just use the non fancy version. It works.

Still can't find out what's causing the issue. I'm using Firefox 4 in my Ubuntu Natty Narwhall install, and I'll be adding the Mozilla daily ppa into my repository list tomorrow, as well as installing the alpha of Oneric Ocelot onto another partition to try it out. It's probably just a bug in my Web browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...