Why do so little people post?

WildCard

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Look at my join date and how many posts I have...at least now I have a DSL and Wii but still...most of the topics are related to things I have no idea or experience about. That and with school and what not, I try to type as minimal as possible. But for you mthrnite, I'll do what I can.

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that if you dont have something important to contribute with, you shouldn't post. I've been here for years and I haven't reached the 1000s yet, but thats because I try to not post crap/stay on topic XD. Like I could say something in many topics but if its not that important I just let go of what i thought up and skip to another one.

RDF

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't post unless I have something constructive to say (except this time, I posted just to make you happy!
tongue.gif
)

Also, english is a second langage for me so it's longer for me to write something... ^^"

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't get me started........
Everyone I know will tell you that you should treasure my silences - they are rare as rocking horse doo doo

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Probably because the forum requires you to register to read it at all, and is referred to from lots of other sites. As a result, some people sign up just to read a single guide or specific posts (the reviews for example) or so, and once they've found what they're looking for they don't care about the rest. I understand them, to a certain degree. Why post if you've got nothing to contribute (assuming they don't as they don't post, this may or may not be the case)?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
People like to read the topics a lot more. I've always wondered why so little posting goes on at GBATemp, especially if you look at the home page at any one time and see 200+ users logged on.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
If you're talking about the last weeks ...

Well it's the end of the year, more ppl are worrying what to get for there friends/girlfriends/lovers/wifes then posting
tongue.gif

Christmas, newyear, We all have to spend money and hope to get money and we all spend more then ussual
biggrin.gif

The rest of the year (except for the few other important days (birthday/wedding/valentine/kids birthday/wifes birthday) we try to avoid having words with the wife
cause we have to make it up everytime
wink.gif

We have to save money to spend on console stuff and keeping the wife and kids happy (for those who have wife and kids or lover), and save some more money
to spend on the wife and on the special holidays.

In other words Why talk/post so much when you can have words with your wife/lover irl
tongue.gif

Reading the forums is for me like reading my newspaper (except that won't be in the kitchen/toilet)
Read in silence and don't talk unless you have something to say.

(Hope my wife doesn't read this post or i'll be arguing with her for a few days (and that will cost me a dinner or more)

Ok this whole thing i posted is rubbish, i think i better had shut my mounth and only kept reading instead.

biggrin.gif
wink.gif

ediblebird

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont post that much, because usually i put my foot in it.

I have seem to posted most of my posts in testing area which dont get added to my post count, but hey, they have the best threads in there.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the most part it would be nice to have more people post, the more opinions on a topic the better.
But I think the reason why more people don’t post, is not everyone speaks English, it’s one thing to
translate English into there language but quite another to write in English. Or they just have nothing
to add to the topic.
tongue.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
This post normally would not exist because, despite having 3 points to say, they've all already been covered and I hence have nothing to add that hasn't already been said. Point proven
smile.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
More posts would mean even more bullshit, more redundant crap, more bad spelling and more people making complete fools out of themselves. No, thank you. I'm glad that the majority of the people here don't post, I honestly wouldn't want to read even more of that meaningless gibberish. It's hard enough to find valuable information (here and on that whole internet thing in general) already. I'm not saying free speech should be for intelligent people, but sometimes I'd feel better if some folks would just shut the fuck up.

[EDIT]
This post is the best example to prove what I mean, I guess...
wink.gif

[/EDIT]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout