Emulation Why can't Wii U run smoothly on computers?

jnilsson86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand. My computer has a 3.4ghz core i7 with 4 core, 8 threads. the Wii U has a tri core processor the runs at 1.4 ghz. The Wii U's GPU is equivalent to a Radeon HD 4000 series, my computer has a Radeon HD 4770. Does Windows take that much cpu? or is CEMU just still too experimental to run quickly?

Reactions: tozevleal

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its the emulation part that makes it difficult. Because it has to be programed to run on an operating system.
More noteably, newer consoles like the PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Wii U will have trouble emulating since they are new and need to be made to run on a PC.

Currently though I think the 3DS/PS Vita and anything below that though run pretty well if you have the sys requirements (Which you do).

Last edited by petethepug,

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't really understand. My computer has a 3.4ghz core i7 with 4 core, 8 threads. the Wii U has a tri core processor the runs at 1.4 ghz. The Wii U's GPU is equivalent to a Radeon HD 4000 series, my computer has a Radeon HD 4770. Does Windows take that much cpu? or is CEMU just still too experimental to run quickly?
4770? Really?
Well you need to learn how emulation works. You need double the horsepower of the system you want to emulate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo