ROM Hack Question why can't I find any value with SX OS cheat search tool?

daijobu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to hack the money value of Dynasty Warriors 8 DX edition. The max value of money is 9,999,999, so I picked 32 bit unsigned value and put the exact value of the current money I have, which is 101000. Found 146 results, so I spent 100 and put in the new value 100900, and then the cheat engine says no new candidates are found.
I tried with few other values, like materials, both with 32 bit and 16 bit, and the exact same thing happened.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Am I doing anything wrong? Any tip would be appreciated!

daijobu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you convert the value to hex before searching?
Are you saying that I'm not supposed to put the value as shown in game, for example I have 101000$, and that's what I put in the search. Was I supposed to put the hex value of that instead?
Thank you for telling me this, I had no idea.

Last edited by daijobu,

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for replaying! Are you saying that I'm not supposed to put the value as shown in game, for example I have 101000$, and that's what I put in the search. Was I supposed to put the hex value of that instead...?
yes, you could only search hex value when using exact value search with sx cheat searcher

Last edited by dsrules,
Reactions: daijobu

daijobu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes, you could only search hex value when using exact value search with sx cheat searcher
Thanks a lot, I converted it to hex and found the right result. Last question, how can I save down the address in the form of those cheats that are found on the sx os cheats database so I don't have to re-search the value and change it manually everytime I reenter the game?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot, I converted it to hex and found the right result. Last question, how can I save down the address in the form of those cheats that are found on the sx os cheats database so I don't have to re-search the value and change it manually everytime I reenter the game?

You'd need to find the base address which you can't do with SX OS and the process isn't as simple as finding a value, look it up on youtube.

Reactions: daijobu

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
after you found the address, write it down paper or something
then you need to verify the address is static or dynamic
if the address was found in Main then it should be static
if the address was found in Heap then it could be dynamic or static, reboot game and use the Ram Editor to jump to the same Heap address to verify the address has changed or not, if the address doesn't change then use this tool to convert the address into correct cheat format
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/page-143#post-8451061

Reactions: Amuyea and daijobu

daijobu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after you found the address, write it down paper or something
then you need to verify the address is static or dynamic
if the address was found in Main then it should be static
if the address was found in Heap then it could be dynamic or static, reboot game and use the Ram Editor to jump to the same Heap address to verify the address has changed or not, if the address doesn't change then use this tool to convert the address into correct cheat format
https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/page-143#post-8451061
thanks a bunch!!

daijobu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. Mate

Any chance you would share any of the cheats you found for DW8 please?
Cheers
I only have and needed these 2, since it's crazy how much you need to grind constantly for money and gems to level up everyone and get their best weapons. I only found the addresses, Stoned compiled them for me.

[9.999.999 Money]
041F0000 195d35d4 0098967F

[9999 Gems]
041F0000 195d5212 0000270F
041F0000 1bebdc04 0000270F

Reactions: Wezaa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users