Why can I be banned?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by manu_03, May 24, 2017.

1. manu_03
    OP

manu_03 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    Some time ago, I realised I could use an old R4 in my CFW'd N3DS. So I bought one at my nearest shop (R4i 3DS RTS Wi-Fi R4i-SDHC.com). I used it as I would do in a DSi or DS. Later, I wanted to add someone to my Friends list. When I opened it, it said I was banned from online (002-0121).

I looked for a fix in Google and I found a way to use a public file to restore online functionality. I followed the guide for SysNAND, but kept EmuNAND with the bad files so I could still use the Flashcard in it.

After that, I upgraded to B9S and made a few changes (I lost my EmuNAND, but I think I have an old dump). So now I must use the unbanned NAND to use both legal games / backups and my R4.

I have TWLoader and used Forwarder3-DS. Can I be banned if I use them? Or did I get banned because of other things? I mean, the console said I was banned, but someone told me it was just a corrupted file.

2. HugaTheFox

HugaTheFox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2017
    United States
    Las Vegas
    No. The only reasons to be banned is Cheating online, files for online is not valid, going online before a game official released