Hacking Why are there no updates from Supercard?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The average price for a SuperCard is what, $30USD?

The problem here is really about the level of expectation for your measly contribution. The SuperCard people could stop offering you updates tomorrow. They could stop offering you updates right now. You didn't pay for a product with guaranteed lifetime updates for $30! It's the same with any other team, even if you'd paid them a little more. The kits still do what they say they'll do, but without the updates you lose compatibility with the latest and greatest. No team is obligated to continually push out updates. It can garner them some good customer loyalty and appreciation, which will probably lead to more sales, but that's up to them. They could just as easily do what happens in the PC industry every day - offer a product with upgradeable firmware, and simply stop updating that firmware when they release a new product. I personally don't even count "upgradeable firmware" as a positive feature in any product that I buy these days, simply because one or two half-assed updates later the product has already been supersceded and the company simply doesn't see the benefit in devoting resources to pushing updates to an 'old' product. The flashcart teams have all been incredibly amazing about supporting their products, and the SuperCard team even more so because their product is DIRT cheap. There's certainly no financial incentive for them, so perhaps a little bit of humilty and gratefulness should be happening on the users part. So what you have to wait a week, two weeks to play a recent release? That's the price you pay for stealing your games, whether you like to be told it or not.

My response: Oh well.

That's what you get for participating in this particular 'scene' if you will. Do as HugeCock suggested and get another cart. Do as others have suggested and buy a few games. Go back into the expansive DS & GBA library and play some other games while you wait. More importantly though, understand that for $30, you're lucky you got something that played roms at all, let alone the level of support that's come with it.

The instant it becomes an expectation rather than sweet icing on an already fattening cake..is the instant that something is wrong with your perception and what you feel you're entitled to. You're playing stolen games on gray-area-legal hardware devices. If the SuperCard stops getting updates tomorrow, you've had a great run for your $30 - that's less than the price of a real game, and you still would have the opportunity to run the 500 some-odd games that preceded the point where the updates stopped!

So in short: I really don't believe this is something that even warrants complaining about, for the SuperCard or any other card. If and when an update comes down the line you should be grateful that they took the time to figure out how to support the new games. You simply did not buy into an 'unlimited updates for life' plan, end of story.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lemme add this that some people been boasting about supercard on IRC. When it comes to compatibility you shouldnt worry it will just take a bit longer it is not like you wasted all of your money.

And eventually you will be a happy camper again
smile.gif
. Dont get anti depresants you can handle it
wink.gif

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

The problem here is really about the level of expectation for your measly contribution. The SuperCard people could stop offering you updates tomorrow. They could stop offering you updates right now. You didn't pay for a product with guaranteed lifetime updates for $30! It's the same with any other team, even if you'd paid them a little more. The kits still do what they say they'll do, but without the updates you lose compatibility with the latest and greatest. No team is obligated to continually push out updates. It can garner them some good customer loyalty and appreciation, which will probably lead to more sales, but that's up to them. They could just as easily do what happens in the PC industry every day - offer a product with upgradeable firmware, and simply stop updating that firmware when they release a new product. I personally don't even count "upgradeable firmware" as a positive feature in any product that I buy these days, simply because one or two half-assed updates later the product has already been supersceded and the company simply doesn't see the benefit in devoting resources to pushing updates to an 'old' product. The flashcart teams have all been incredibly amazing about supporting their products, and the SuperCard team even more so because their product is DIRT cheap. There's certainly no financial incentive for them, so perhaps a little bit of humilty and gratefulness should be happening on the users part. So what you have to wait a week, two weeks to play a recent release? That's the price you pay for stealing your games, whether you like to be told it or not.

That's what you get for participating in this particular 'scene' if you will. Do as HugeCock suggested and get another cart. Do as others have suggested and buy a few games. Go back into the expansive DS & GBA library and play some other games while you wait. More importantly though, understand that for $30, you're lucky you got something that played roms at all, let alone the level of support that's come with it.

The instant it becomes an expectation rather than sweet icing on an already fattening cake..is the instant that something is wrong with your perception and what you feel you're entitled to. You're playing stolen games on gray-area-legal hardware devices. If the SuperCard stops getting updates tomorrow, you've had a great run for your $30 - that's less than the price of a real game, and you still would have the opportunity to run the 500 some-odd games that preceded the point where the updates stopped!

So in short: I really don't believe this is something that even warrants complaining about, for the SuperCard or any other card. If and when an update comes down the line you should be grateful that they took the time to figure out how to support the new games. You simply did not buy into an 'unlimited updates for life' plan, end of story.

That's a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay long post. You could of cut it down to "I hate Supercard"

ShinaKitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

You could replace supercard with any other flash cart there. Also the price point is not worth mention, since they are more than that for the newer models, but still cheaper than buying 3-4 games.
Patience, plus there is tons of homebrew and tons and tons of other games to play...
its not like LSW2 DS and HMDS are *that* great of games. The DS version of LSW2 is crap compared to any console version. HMDS is basically just the GBA version with a little extras...
Cooking mama still works... and so does alot of other great games...

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay long post. You could of cut it down to "I hate Supercard"

It's getting a little tired. You own one (or more) SuperCard(s) you love it (or them) and that's OK. I own all the different SuperCards too. They have their advantages and disadvantages along with all the other cards. However, in this particular case there is no hatred for the SuperCard. Please re-read the post.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Debacle??? Fiasco??? You impatient imbeciles make me want to puke!

This pisses me off......lame noobs come in and crying because one mediocre game doesn't work. Then after it does, they get bored after 15 minutes. One pissy malfunctioning game causes you to give up hope on the SC team. Its a shame that you guys are so hard on them. Get a refund for ur SC and get a M3. And when a game comes out that works for SC and not M3, you'll be in the same situation chumps.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The SuperCard people could stop offering you updates tomorrow. They could stop offering you updates right now. You didn't pay for a product with guaranteed lifetime updates for $30! It's the same with any other team, even if you'd paid them a little more. The kits still do what they say they'll do, but without the updates you lose compatibility with the latest and greatest. No team is obligated to continually push out updates. It can garner them some good customer loyalty and appreciation, which will probably lead to more sales, but that's up to them. They could just as easily do what happens in the PC industry every day - offer a product with upgradeable firmware, and simply stop updating that firmware when they release a new product.

One reason i bought a SuperCard was because of the good work on updates. If this wasn't the case i wouldn't have bought one and if they skip updates they will sell no more SC's anymore. Thats fact. So they have to bring out the patches to be competive and to make money. Of course, if they are millionaires right now they could quit.

Hopefully patching (and complaints of pissed gbatemp users, who can't stand topics like this, created from other pissed users, who can't play the latest stuff) has an end with the DS-X and future products.

ahzael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the point of complaining about Supercard update now? jesus, LSW is out for PC , GBA, PS2, Xbox , go play on those instead, which are by far, a lot better, DS have just released the U version of Mario Basket, sending LSW into oblivion.

chazmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the point of complaining about Supercard update now? jesus, LSWÂ is out for PC , GBA, PS2, Xbox , go play on those instead, which are by far, a lot better, DS have just released the U version of Mario Basket, sending LSW into oblivion.

YOU TOTALLY CONVICED ME WITH THAT. THANK YOU. NOW I DONT WANT UPDATES.

HE MUST'VE USED MIND TRICKS. OH THAT GUY
rofl2.gif

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay long post. You could of cut it down to "I hate Supercard"

I don't think you even read his post, he was generalizing it for all flashcarts..

The only motivation they would have to give us updates is the potential for increased sales, that's what they care about
most like any business

Infoclast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The problem here is really about the level of expectation for your measly contribution. The SuperCard people could stop offering you updates tomorrow. They could stop offering you updates right now. You didn't pay for a product with guaranteed lifetime updates for $30!

You didn't even need to make your post that long because you were wrong in the second sentence. No, $30 products don't usually come with amazing support but the company still has a responsibility to their customers. NEVER should the customers just say "Oh well" and accept it. Don't you dare say that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up