Hacking Who's getting the DSi??

El Blacksheep

Trophies
Website
tryorke.no-ip.info
XP
Country
United States
The DS is already too small as it is (anyone who has played Metroid Prime Hunters for more than 20 minutes can attest to this)
The DSi is supposed to be even smaller? yuck.

The DS screens just barely offer decent graphical quality.
The DSi is supposed to have bigger screens yet keep the same resolution, resulting in larger pixels? yuck.

The DS battery on lowest brightness settings just barely lasts long enough that if I go somewhere for more than a day I need to bring my charger with me.
The DSi is supposed to have LESS battery life? yuck.

Most DS games improperly use the 2nd screen/touchscreen and just add in gimmicks which don't really enhance the gameplay.
The DSi is now getting gimmicky low-quality cameras? yuck.

I think Densetsu3000 said it best: DSlite + Cyclo + EZV > DSi, and costs less!

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has a weaker battery life, so I probably would not get it based on that.

That and the larger screens supposedly give off a fuzzier, blockier image.

EDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I'll upgrade. I still have my phat and I play GBA games on a regular basis, so the lack of a GBA slot is really keeping me from upgrading... I might've upgraded due to the expanded media capabilities of the DSi, but I already have a PSP for media purposes.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seriously considering it, but I'm waiting for people to get them, and post some reviews before I make that decision. At this point there is far too much speculation floating around to commit either way.

I personally won't miss the GBA slot, unless it makes certain games and homebrew unusable.
The cameras are a cute addition, but hardly enough to warrant buying a whole new console.

Honestly, the part that piques my curiosity is the SD slot. I know very little about coding, but I believe, in the hands of a knowledgeable team of coders, these are going to make the real difference between the NDSL and the DSi.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not me,no need to change,there is not much difference you know,i mean,only an mp3 player and camera,who needs it when you have moonshell right?and plus it's so small!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended