Not open for further replies.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Just today or previous days, Nokia announce a new touchscreen phone similar to Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. This is the NOkia 5230, it's a 2 MP touchscreen phone similar to NOkia 5800 XpressMusic.

The Nokia 5530 was announced previously and holds a 3MP CMOS camera with VGA @ 15fps. The 5230 has 30fps of VGA video equiped with 2MP camera.

There are re-release of NOkia 5800 under the Navigation name.

Seriouslly, these phones are un-released and yet Nokia brought out a better looking touchscreen.

Im still happy with my 5800 XpressMusic

all phones can been seen at www.gsmarena.com

Only the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (and Navigation) has TV out function.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Who buys Nokia's?
tongue.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nokia is like the worst company for making phones I never had phones from them. I only had Samsung and LG. Life's good!

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Philippines?

Nokia, Sony Ericcson and Motorola are the biggest phones in our country. Oh, count Samsung, too, (if ever I see 2 people)

Im also a reviewer of Nokia phones and from what I gather, it's best to pick the 5320 than the 5530.

In my country, the prices go down. SO when the 5320 arrives, the 5800 is cheaper. lol

I promote Nokia phones in my city and I help the Nokia store in my city.

Im asking for these two phone models and not people's opinion on Nokia overall.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
jakob95 said:
Nokia is like the worst company for making phones I never had phones from them.
Um...
unsure.gif

If you've never had a Nokia, how do you know or why do you think they are bad phones?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because they are all ugly. And no one has them in my state New York were I live no one has a Nokia. They either have LG, Samsung, or iPhone, or G1.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I like Sony better. I don't liek Nokia... dunno why. I thought the Nokia 5800 was nice, but somehow the sound quality just doesn't suit my taste. Love the SE walkman.
wub.gif
my w910i

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
iPikachu said:
nokia's weird..
unsure.gif

sony ericsson ftw.

and what's good about a sony ericsson phone?...
I never found out what's good about them...they are no smartphones and are going just for looks and style...

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love sony ericsson phones but I don't like how greedy Sony is; making sony accessories for sony specific products only. For example, their M2. I would much rather use a microSD since its much more universal.

shinnyuuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Anakir said:
I love sony ericsson phones but I don't like how greedy Sony is; making sony accessories for sony specific products only. For example, their M2. I would much rather use a microSD since its much more universal.
hmm, good question. maybe sony want to declare a battle with micro SD? like Blue-Ray vs HD-DVD

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do all you care about cell phones so much anyway? Mine can call, text, take pictures, and that's about it. No fancy internet connection, no fancy keyboard, no music playing capabilties. Seriously, you can go buy an iPod (iPod videos are relatively cheap), get about 80BG of music, video and game storage space, and not look like an ass carrying around your ridiculous phone.

I also think texting is an incredibly dumb idea. I see people texting constantly, like sending off atleast 3 messages per minute, probably more. I mean, if you want to tell somebody something, and you know that person in real life, go call them. I don't care if you're "in class", I'm pretty sure you can wait the extra hour or so to go to your friend your ridiculously stupid story.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I can express myself better using words, I may seem to type ok now, but when I actually speak it usually ends up a little off what I meant to say. So text messages are better for me.

And not carrying an iPod, well.... I think having an all in one device is good enough, besides other than the contract fee, I usually go for those deals which have contract+phone less than a hundred dollars.

And if I brng too many electronic devices to school, they might get stolen and an mp3 palyer+a handphone isn't small money. And I love to use the loudspeaker and play it in my room, since the family comp is in the living room.

D

Deleted User

i love nokias. I own a nokia 6234. It is with me for the last 2 Years and it is as good today as the day i bought it.It has fallen off the tractor and hit rocks, the back cover came off thats all. It was still working. They are nearly invincable.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Raki said:
iPikachu said:
nokia's weird..
unsure.gif

sony ericsson ftw.

and what's good about a sony ericsson phone?...
I never found out what's good about them...they are no smartphones and are going just for looks and style...

Oh really? except all the sony ericsson symbian phones you mean? Also, i've got the first windows mobile phone made by SE, the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 (Windows Mobile, but i've totally modded it to be awesome, love the customizability
smile.gif
)

The only bad thing about it is that the support for the hardware acceleration for 2D&3D is so closed down, so some apps run sluggish and there could be better video support, but's it alright since i still can run desktop DivXs a bit above 20FPS, with better acceleration for video comming...
oh, and then there's the price, but it's still cheaper than other equal windows phones (like the Touch HD or Touch Pro2) as well as the iPhone.

QUOTE(Anakir @ Aug 28 2009, 07:49 PM)

Yeah that's annoying, i hate the M2 cards, but luckily my Xperia is the first sony ericsson phone to use microSD instead
biggrin.gif

The 5800 is alright considering the price difference (my dad got the 5800 about the same time i got my Xperia) but there's so much more you can do with a windows phone, but there's about equally much of apps for both platforms, but considering the 5800 is one of the first Symbian S60 5th edition devices (first symbian with touchscreen support...) i've found quite alot of apps not functioning since all older symbian apps is made for only no touchscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill