Do you use Linux?

• Total voters

philip11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering how many 'Tempers use Linux I use WattOSR5 on my Laptop, Ubuntu-Studio on one Computer and Lubuntu on another Computer
So, who uses Linux?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I use Linux ^_^ I have been using Linux since I was about 15.
Right now I am running Fedora Linux on my laptop.
Something I forgot to mention. I don't normally dual-boot. I am not a PC gamer, so there is no reason for me to keep Windows. The only time I would dual-boot, would be if I am using my boyfriend's laptop, because he prefers Windows.

tinorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dual boot, not because I miss windows, but because I miss my games, that said, I only boot windows for playing. Right now I have Fedora on a desk and a modified Ubuntu on mi personal Laptop...

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
I dual boot Win7 and Ubuntu.
Ubuntu is where I work on my android development projects (ports, source compiling, kernels etc.) and it's easy to use and good for git.
Win7 is only there because I can't install some of the Android Fastboot/Flashmode drivers in Ubuntu.

Also Ubuntu is a WUBI install as the laptop I'm using has a locked bios.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I used to Dualboot Fedora and Windows for a while, but I just never used it enough to justify all the space I was wasting.

Eventually I switched from Fedora to Ubuntu, same situation happened. I suppose it was because I was always playing games on my PC so I would just leave it Windows on instead of having to switch every time I wanted to do something. And this was when my PC was shit and I could barely game on it. Now that I have a gaming PC, I would hardly ever use Linux at all. Like Rydian I do have a bunch of Live CDs around just in case.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually for diagnostics/critical repair I use Hiren's boot CD.
However, at the moment I'm toying with SliTaz. I like Lubuntu, but some things it does annoy me.
I've used Fedora, sabayon, Slax, and mandriva a little, but I usually end up going back to X/L/ubuntu and SliTaz.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I used to play with liveUSBs and then went to building my own liveCD (Ubuntu based though :/). Now with my new SSD, I put Win7 on that and I plan on putting Debian Sid on my old hdd and I'm planning on using that more (but only time will tell...I still need to get my external hdd to move all my stuff off before I install Debian).

frown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've currently got my laptop set to dual-boot between Ubuntu 12.04 with the MATE desktop environment, and Windows 7.
I hardly ever boot into Windows 7 though, as most Windows-only tasks I do work just fine in a Windows XP virtual machine. ;)
God I love Synaptic. Imagine if Windows had a software management system as elegant as Debian's. :P

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts