Not open for further replies.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
First off, I REALLY have no idea where i should have posted this, if it needs to be moved, feel feel to do so!
Right, Now to my main point!
Who or what is Xenophobia, We all download ROMS, and most of the ones i get have the little added bit of (Xenophobia).
Im guessing he is the person who dumps them sometimes? or something like that? or maybe its a TYPE of dump?
Ive just been curoius as i always Download his/her/those Roms and ive never really known anything about it?

Can someone Enlighten me? It would be quite cool to know alittle more
Consider Class in Session!

~Outgum~

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xenophobia is a release group.

A release group is essentially a group of people who buy and dump games for us pirates.

Xenophobia is probably the most active for US DS releases. Venom is the only other group I can think of off the top of my head.

BTW, this should probably have gone in Off-Topic.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh, i see!
So its not just one person its a group?
Thats quite cool to know XD
Thats for that bit of info!
Anyone else think they could conjure up alittle more?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't think he'd say anything to be honest. I mean, the FBI does catch these guys you know. Sort of like drug dealers, just not as prioritized.
It's better that they are secretive.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Fair enough
happy.gif
I think ill mind my own business, I love these ... As Kaos put it release groups, if it weren't for them, My poor flashcart = useless, I love you guys!

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I wonder if Xenophobia, Venom, etc earn money by dumping roms? Original games are expensive, yet they dump lots of games, are they rich people? If they don't earn money by dumping roms, what do they get? Respect and honor among pirates?
tongue.gif

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
YOur probably right, they might have friends or themeselves that work at game stores. kinda defeats the point of working at the store since REALLY your taking sales away from your self lol, but i assume they will get SOME form of payment

Kamora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
outgum said:
YOur probably right, they might have friends or themeselves that work at game stores. kinda defeats the point of working at the store since REALLY your taking sales away from your self lol, but i assume they will get SOME form of payment

not really, since people working at game stores don't get paid on commission per game they manage to sell.

on topic, i'd like to know who cracked&copied some of my old pirated ps1 games back in the day. i could never find anything about "team lightforce"!

outgum

Pokemanz Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Kamora said:
outgum said:

not really, since people working at game stores don't get paid on commission per game they manage to sell.

on topic, i'd like to know who cracked&copied some of my old pirated ps1 games back in the day. i could never find anything about "team lightforce"!

What i meant was if not many people are buying games, they migth not be getting enough profit so they will have to close.
Also Pirated Ps1 games were just the Malaysians and Stuff werent it, cause if you had a chipped ps1, you just needed to burn a CD didnt you?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, whoever and wherever they are, Xenophobia team, I salute you. Damn near single-handedly making my life just that little bit more tolerable. And for free.

Now if you'll excuse me, thanks to the sterling work of the Xenophobia team I have Phantasy Star Zero, so I'm gonna go honour the Xenophobia team by enjoying the fruits of their labour
smile.gif

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fearofshorts said:
I think that a few of the dumpers work at game shops.
"Hey, boss, can I try this game out?" "Sure!"

i lol'ed at that. i think that some people that work at like gamestop takes the games when it arrives from shipping.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fearofshorts said:
I think that a few of the dumpers work at game shops.
"Hey, boss, can I try this game out?" "Sure!"
This is definitely true, and it explains why many high-profile games are dumped early. In fact, I bet all of the release groups have at least one member that works for a game shop. I don't see why anyone would actually buy those Imagine games just to dump them.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Kaos said:
Xenophobia is a release group.

A release group is essentially a group of people who buy and dump games for us pirates.

Xenophobia is probably the most active for US DS releases. Venom is the only other group I can think of off the top of my head.

BTW, this should probably have gone in Off-Topic.

For the sake of the people involved with XPA (preventing their ID from being revealed on a public website) I think this discussion should end at this. If they wanted you to know who they were they would have revealed themselves by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...