da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i use vista home premium 64 bit. i tried installing 3 diff xps, and they all crashed. also, i'm currently waiting for windows 7 to come out (full version) to make a permanent switch over.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XP on my netbook, Vista on my main desktop. I was disappointed with W7 to such an extent that I reformatted my hard drive and installed Vista again. Once I get my 64GB ssd for my netbook, Vista is going on there as well.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Windows 7 Beta Build #7057 RC1 32bit (64bit DVD didn't work and I'm too lazy to get another iso)
Windows XP Professional Build #2600 32bit
Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex (Wubi install) 64bit

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Until directX10 stops being a running joke (I actually noticed a game that absolutely required it was released the other day) I am sticking with a highly customised version of XP pro (32bit SP2 although updated with everything SP3 has without the SP3). Keep that vista nonsense away from me and my machines.

I suspect by the time that it happens though I will move to something else (50/50 between reactOS and whatever linux/similar distro forgets patents and the GPL or other software licenses exist to give me a nicely tuned system out of the box or as close to it*), failing that I will be grabbing windows server.

*this means I will probably have to make it or pervert something else but I do not mind that.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I use Vista for my desktop and XP for my new laptop
happy.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have my laptop set up to dual-boot/virtualize Vista as necessary. I also virtualize Windows 7.

On very rare occasions, I'm forced to use my family computer with Windows XP. I don't have a single computer that has 2000 or older.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vista.

Hater don't reply. No one gives a damn about your hate for vista.

it does what I want it to do and does it fast and with no hassle.

Thats if you turn UAC off
wink.gif

EDIT: your poll is confusing. What if you use vista without any dual boot. You'd pick No dualboot in the Windows 7 and/or Vista section but you have to pick another option in the other parts which means you are picking all three when you really just use one

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XP Home 32-Bit on my internet computer (the one I'm on now), Vista Home Premium 64-Bit on my old gaming computer and I'm getting Vista Unlimited 64-Bit and duel booting with Windows 7 64-Bit on my soon-to-be gaming computer.

All of them are legal unlike SOME people here!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)