Gaming Which Windows should I install?

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you get into the BIOS with the 2 differnt modules in there?

===
I'm thinking that your modules are of the wrong configuration (though getting the BIOS splash screen is pretty strange behavior then)... don't have the time to explain that in too much detail right now (it's bed time ^^). Do you have your motherboard manual? If so look up the part about what and how much memory it supports. If possible scan those pages and throw them online so I can have a look
smile.gif
. There sould be something in there about modules not being compatible if built up out of (for example) 64x8 (remember that's just an example value
wink.gif
).

Annoyingly OCZ doesn't seem to state the build up of those modules..

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Scorpei said:
Can you get into the BIOS with the 2 differnt modules in there?

===
I'm thinking that your modules are of the wrong configuration (though getting the BIOS splash screen is pretty strange behavior then)... don't have the time to explain that in too much detail right now (it's bed time ^^). Do you have your motherboard manual? If so look up the part about what and how much memory it supports. If possible scan those pages and throw them online so I can have a look
smile.gif
. There sould be something in there about modules not being compatible if built up out of (for example) 64x8 (remember that's just an example value
wink.gif
).

Annoyingly OCZ doesn't seem to state the build up of those modules..
No manual since it was bought years ago but the spec on a website says that it does support up to 4gb.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
this iis via my phone so sorry bout thelayout & such. Anyway can you get into the bios with the 2 mismatched modules? as for the module composition, I mean the physical composition of the amount & size of the chipps used. too bad about your manual, maybe you can find it online?

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No amount of fiddling and upgrading is making the RAM work. I guess it's just too much for my motherboard to take. Trying to see if I can send it back now.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea I've tried installing 800 Mhz RAM in my 667 MHz ram supporting motherboard a while back. It didn't run with both of them in, and only ran with one of my older (667 MHz) RAM in. It seemed okay for a while before I started getting BSODs, Left 4 Dead crashes, etc. So I just took out the RAM and seems to work fine now.

Anyone want two sticks of 2 GB Ballistix 800 MHz RAM?

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Harsky said:
No amount of fiddling and upgrading is making the RAM work. I guess it's just too much for my motherboard to take. Trying to see if I can send it back now.
So I take that as a no, you can't get into the BIOS (Settings screen) when you have 1 new and 1 old module installed. If it was speed that was a problem that combination should just work as it should set the newer ram to run at the speed of the older ram.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^
listen to this guy

will it work on a dell inspiron 6000

specs:
* 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium M 730 (Sonoma), 533MHz FSB and PCIe x16 chipset
* 15.4 inch WSXGA+ LCD Panel (Samsung)
* 512 MB DDR2 400 MHz ram
* 60 GB Ultra ATA Fujitsu 4200rpm hard drive
* 64 MB ATi Mobility Radeon X300
* Microsoft Windows XP Home
* 24x CD-RW/DVD (Sony)
* Intel 2200 b/g internal wireless card
* 6-cell lithium ion battery
* 4 USB ports
* 1 IEEE 1394 FireWire port
* Secure Digital I/O card slot
* 1 PCMCIA card slot
* 2 front facing speakers
* VGA output
* Optional S-Video and composite video out with adaptor cable
* Audio-out (headphones) and Mic-in
* Integrated 10/100 network Ethernet card
* Internal 56k modem
* 4 year on-site service warranty

i just copied and pasted
nyanya.gif

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I don't mean to Hijack this thread but my computer always crashes when I play MMORPG's on my comp and I just figured out my computer has 191 mb of RAM and I was like what the fuck. so If i install more ram My computer should stop crashing?

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
~Kuraudo's Sword~ said:
Hey I don't mean to Hijack this thread but my computer always crashes when I play MMORPG's on my comp and I just figured out my computer has 191 mb of RAM and I was like what the fuck. so If i install more ram My computer should stop crashing?
No. Crashing could be caused by the lack of RAM (/virtual memory) but I'd first check other things (such as if any of your hardware is fried).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte