Which VPN do you use?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Harsky, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    So my ISP has now started to block torrent sites left and right and from what I can tell, the list of sites getting blocked will keep going. So my question is, is there any recommended VPN programs? I did try VyprVPN a few months ago as it was included in a usenet package before I cancelled but I'm not too keen on signing up for it again for something I'll only use now and again.

2. pyromaniac123

pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Sep 24, 2011
    Probably cheaper to just find proxy sites.

3. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    My experience with proxy sites is that they tend to be slow or filled with ads.

Satangel likes this.
  4. pyromaniac123

pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Sep 24, 2011
    I meant finding mirror sites of the torrent pages you want to visit.

5. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
  6. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    This. Everyone keeps saying 'use proxy, proxy easy, proxy bla bla bla', but when I actually needed a proxy for something, they all failed to fill my needs! I needed to login on a site, they just couldn't process that! So slow, and so cumbersome.

In the end I used Tor, which is kind of slow and buggy too, but it does the job. It's a separate browser, not that userfriendly but gets the job done! It's free too.
    Good suggestion, especially the biggest torrent sites out there have several proxy pages!

7. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    exangel likes this.
  8. TheRedfox

TheRedfox Admire our great leader ;o;

May 17, 2012
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Nope
    FoxVPN by RedFox Networks FTW!(5gbit uplink, but the only downside is that the service is exclusive to me >:D)
    You could try vpnbook(works with all openvpn/pptp clients and it's pretty fast(+-2-3mbps))

9. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    The reason I stopped using newsgroups was because a lot of NZB indexing sites shut down and I realised I bought the unlimited package but trying to find older stuff on NZB is hit and miss. Cancelled it due to me trying to cut back and save some money.

10. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    And finding older stuff on torrents that's actually still seeded is a cakewalk? Lol.