Hacking Question Which version to go for?

RowanFN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone!

So I recently purchased another switch for homebrew and such, annoyingly it is on firmware 5.1.0, while my other switch is on 4.1

I have a SX Pro card and licence (Which I can only use once) but can I properly use it on the 5.1.0 console? as I'd rather have the console without all my saves etc to be the hack version and the one with all my saves to be one I keep up to date, do the online stuff and later hopefully online backup.

I've read SX Pro is for all firmwares including the 5.1.0, but what about the homebrew stuff? would that still work or not? what do I need to be aware of?

Thank you :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew works better overall on Hekate/Atmosphere than SX OS. Most homebrew do work on SX OS, but if you ever encounter a problem, you can try using Hekate/Atmosphere to see if the problem persists. Most homebrew devs don't tailor their work to with SX OS (for their own personal reasons so please do not argue this). Outside of that, homebrew generally work better on the latest firmware due to the RCM exploit and 5.1 has been the latest firmware for quite a while now.

The 4.1 console on the other hand has access to an unreleased exploit that can load hacks/CFW without a jig and USB cable. If you want to update it, I would recommend following this guide so you have a means to return it to 4.1 once the exploit is released.

RowanFN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Homebrew works better overall on Hekate/Atmosphere than SX OS. Most homebrew do work on SX OS, but if you ever encounter a problem, you can try using Hekate/Atmosphere to see if the problem persists. Most homebrew devs don't tailor their work to with SX OS (for their own personal reasons so please do not argue this). Outside of that, homebrew generally work better on the latest firmware due to the RCM exploit and 5.1 has been the latest firmware for quite a while now.

The 4.1 console on the other hand has access to an unreleased exploit that can load hacks/CFW without a jig and USB cable. If you want to update it, I would recommend following this guide so you have a means to return it to 4.1 once the exploit is released.

Hey thanks for the reply.
I don't think i mind the jig much if its offline anyway, would auto recovery work for it? and do you think a sorta autoboot then may come for 5.1 eventually?
I know there is a lot about SXOS atm etc etc, but I already have one which is why i'm going to be using it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the reply.
I don't think i mind the jig much if its offline anyway, would auto recovery work for it? and do you think a sorta autoboot then may come for 5.1 eventually?
I know there is a lot about SXOS atm etc etc, but I already have one which is why i'm going to be using it.
The only other possible exploit is a coldboot up to 3.0.1 that has a bounty set up for it (because of how hard it is to achieve) so chances for 5.1 are slim to say the least. AutoRCM plus the SX Pro Dongle simulate autoboot pretty well though.

RowanFN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if its not too bad then i think i'll do it on the 5.0.1 console as then my proper console can be all good and safe :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

plug you never know, might have a better exploit later on as it happened with other consoles :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it