Which utility disc?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, I said and so I did (getting a defective controller that would randomly press L, solved with contact cleaner, and more dust that I've ever seen in any PC, also solved)

It's an 1.4 or 1.5 model (Focus video dac, 5101 kernel, Thomson drive), an Aladdin XT plus 2 clone is slowly on the way, and after installing it (which I understood to mean: connect BT to ground to always enable the chip, fit the LPC connector, optionally connect the extra wires for HDD LED) I should get an utility disc to reflash the chip with a non-1.6 bios and then install a custom dashboard?

So, my questions are: which disc should I use (I got the above advice from the documentation of Slayers 2.7, by the way) and which bios?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EvoX. Always EvoX.
Ultimately I used TruHexen2019 but immediately switched to EvoX dash (with XMBC as default menu item, of course)
As for the bios, I made a custom build of EvoX M8 Plus (changing colors to light blue, pink, and white because yes) :D

And by the way, to extract xbox isos (something I didn't easily find instructions for) you can use "Xbox Backup Creator 2.9.0.425"

Last edited by Ryccardo,
Reactions: MrCokeacola

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg